Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
AT&T Uverse app on Android 11 - Receiver Discovery Failed
Set up enabled apps for U-verse TV
I've done the setup per the above instructions and I've set the "Connection Mode" to default so any device can connect.
I've also restarted the AT&T gateway and Uverse DVR, but I still get the error(Receiver Discovery Failed).
How can I debug this connection and validate the Uverse DVR is broadcasting it's name on my network so the Uverse App can find it?
I am using the Uverse app on my Samsung S10+ running Android 11.
I have validated the Uverse DVR is on my network and the only port open is 8080.
ACE - Professor
1 year ago
As far as I can tell, the remote control function is broken and has been so for some time. Leave feedback on the Google play store.
1 year ago
There are endless complaints regarding the Android My U-verse app failing to connect to receivers on my network. App version 220.127.116.11 Build 0390.
The latest version date is 2016!!!!! PATHETIC!!! I pay through the nose for this service, how can this simple function fail? How can AT&T ignore the complaints FOR YEARS?!!!!
1 year ago
The remote function is fairly worthless. It works intermittently and constantly requires repairing.
You can set dvr recordings via app (if it's working) without connecting remote control function.
4 months ago
AT&T Uverse Android App Error: “Receiver Discovery Failed.” I opened case no. M01793994 21 Jul 2021. As of yesterday, 15 Feb 2023 the case had not been resolved. No one contacted me for any information or to conduct diagnostics. Yesterday I called Uverse Technical support about the same problem: “Receiver Discovery Failed.” On my old LG5 the app works fine. On my new phone, Moto 8 Power, it does not. All features of the app work on the new phone, except the remote control function. During the 30 minute phone call the technician behind the curtains continued to tell the poor customer service rep (CSR) with whom I was speaking to repeat steps that I had already executed. The tech behind the curtains surmised this and that were causing the problem. The tech behind the curtains was unable to tell me what was wrong. The tech did not conduct diagnostics, such as network packet capture and analysis. I asked the CSR to ask the tech to have his supervisor call me. The tech refused. I realized that Uverse Technical Support was not going be able to figure it out. I ended the call amicably -- the CSR did everything he could. He provided a case no. M66236610. I immediately called the President's office and submitted a complaint.