For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
flhthemi's profile

Scholar

• 

179 Messages

Monday, September 16th, 2019 12:23 AM

Uverse and Xbox One X

I just bought a Xbox one X. I don't know why but when I connect it to my network switch and the xbox is OFF and I'm watching TV on the Uverse box, the video stops and pixelates sometimes as long as a minute. As soon as I pull the cat5 for the Xbox out of the network switch all is fine. If I use the Xbox on wifi all is fine. I have changed cat5 cables from Xbox to switch, from the switch to the wall connection, from the wall connection to the gateway (which is in another room). I even changed the network switch and nothing helps.

Has anyone had any issues like this with U-Verse?

I'm not saying this to be nasty but if it can't be remedied I may need to switch my TV and internet provider. I absolutely can not fathom why adding this hardware could cause this issue.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

5 years ago

You need a managed switch. U-verse is iptv. Other data types will flood the gateway and disrupt the tv data. Another option is to bypass the switch and directly connect the Xbox to the gateway. 

You up can find managed switches for less than $50 on Amazon. 

Scholar

• 

179 Messages

5 years ago

Is there something drastically different about Xbox and PS networking? No problems with Sony disrupting the cable signal. Just asking not being a wisenheimer.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

5 years ago

This is probably another case of a device creating a bridging loop in your network, similar to the AT&T wireless receivers.  Try disabling the Xbox's wireless functionality before connecting its wired port to your network.  If you cannot explicitly disable its wireless, change the SSID and/or the WiFi password settings on the Xbox so that it can never successfully associate with your WiFi network.

Scholar

• 

179 Messages

5 years ago

So here's what I did that works in the event someone else has this issue...

In the living room I have the Xbox and the AT&T DVR. AT&Ts DVRs must be connected on cat5. The regular set top boxes can be connected either with cat5 or HPNA (RG6 cable). I moved the DVR from the living room to the master bedroom and took the set top box from there to the living room and connected it on HPNA. No problems watching TV anymore. Since the system is "whole house" DVR it doesn't matter where you place the DVR.

I'm not marking this as solved because this is not solved, it's a workaround for the problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.