For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Sellyp's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 8th, 2017 7:41 PM

U-verse & 4K

Just bought a 4K TV. Will U-verse be able to support 4K content? If it does is a new DVR needed or will the current HD DVR I have now work?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

4K is currently not supported on uverse.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

25M works perfectly well for Netflix 4K.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

If the tvs available for purchase are for the most part all moving toward 4K, why isn’t U-verse updating their technology to meet the consumer need?

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

6 years ago

I hadn't seen this article until today but gives a numbers based view of Uverse TV within the context of investment, and attempts to explain the demise of uverse.com. 

At the moment because broadcast television standard still stands at 1080i, and has been referenced already, there is no need for better settop hardware.  Even premium channels like HBO GO do not offer anything better than 1080i.  When ATSC 3.0 standard comes into prevalence, it will be a defining moment for Uverse TV to see whether it will choose to stay in the game or quietly fade away.

If you want to take advantage of that fancy new TV set, you'll need a service like Amazon Prime or Netflix to stream 4K content. 

Personally I don't have a 4K TV specifically because of the lack of content.  However, Amazon and Neflix do have an increasing library now to the point I may just jump in.  But not because of Uverse TV.Smiley Happy

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

6 years ago

I recently read the the EPIX app will have 4K content to stream. The first of the networks to do so. 

Currently only the movies Star Trek BeyondTransformers: The Last Knight, and the James Bond movies Die Another Day, Goldeneye, and The Spy Who Loved Me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.