For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Simpsonja1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:11 PM

DVR deleting all recordings

My DVR has begun deleting all recordings. This problem began a little over a week ago. My DVR went from have 20% available to 80% over a two day period. We called at&t support and they said our box was bad. We were very frustrated to lose all our recordings. They sent us a new DVR. This DVR is deleting every recording within 12 hours of recording it. This is a brand new box so clearly it is not bad and there is something going on (something that seems to affect others but with no good solutions given on this forum).  What can we do?  Is there some sort of software issue? The point of a DVR is to be able to watch things days even months later. When we call support they do not know anything. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Is the dvr plugged into the wall, power strip/surge suppressor, UPS?  If not the wall, try the wall.

Besides the dvr the only other "variable" you have some control over is the gateway?  So while you replaced the dvr have you tried rebooting the gateway (pull plug for 15 secs. and let it fully reboot) or just maybe replacing it?

Note it can't be a software issues since, in general, very few have this problem.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Well. Plugging the receiver in to a different outlet did not work at all.

I did then reset the gateway and that did fix the recording issue. However, it created an entirely different problem. We use google Wifi pucks in our house because our internet is dreadful and cannot reach one side of our house. Anyway, I set them up last year and they have worked fine. Now their service is being blocked. I have it set where one of the pucks acts as DMZ and firewall traffic initially goes through it. Now though if I look at our firewall log it shows that their is a TCP flood and it appears to shut down the google Wifi since I anticipate it believes we are having some sort of breach which we are not. Anyway, I would now appreciate suggestions on how I might correct this because this is a fairly intolerable internet situation.

Thanks,
Janet

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem now. What was your solution?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.