For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
swmddo's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Thursday, April 27th, 2017 4:33 PM

Caller's phone numbers do not show on TV screen

I have all three AT&T services (Internet, phone, Uverse).  The phone number of people calling will not show up on the TV screen.  I have connected the DVR directly to the modem via Ethernet.  The rest of the TV are coax connected.  No TV shows the calling number.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

I do have the feature turned on!

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Those are telemarketers.  You may have it turned on  but the caller may have it turned off on their end.  You can set your phone to reject the calls with out caller ID. I have mine set up to allow only the numbers on my accept list and reject all others.  You can also reject all calls and it goes to voice mail and you can call back the callers you want to talk to.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

7 years ago

@dinglesby wrote:

Those are telemarketers.  You may have it turned on  but the caller may have it turned off on their end.  You can set your phone to reject the calls with out caller ID. I have mine set up to allow only the numbers on my accept list and reject all others.  You can also reject all calls and it goes to voice mail and you can call back the callers you want to talk to.

I disagree!  

It was stated that "NO" incoming phone numbers show up on the TV.  If the number shows up in the call log of your account, it should have shown up on the TV, regardless of where it came from.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

7 years ago

Actually, it was the local AT&T service here in the Atlanta area that had to make some change in the backend. The Caller ID now shows on the TV. I have been griping about this for the past six months, when we cancelled Comcast and went to AT&T. I was originally told that it was “a known problem, but there was no estimated fix”. After spending MANY hours with local techs at my house, I finally got one of them to push his management and technical support people to figure out HOW to make it work! I think I should get a few free months, don’t you?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.