For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Ricardothron's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 3:02 AM

Can't access HBO GO with Uverse account

im a new client, i come from COMCAST, wich is very expensive, but it works, i came to AT&T because you assure me that you have streaming service, that you have HBO, you even told me that i could watch tv from any device like an Xbox one... well that is not the case, not only your ATT U-VERSE TV app doesnt exist for the xbox, i cannot acces to the HBO GO app or the CINEMAX app... i can do nothing. and i've noticed that a lot of people, have the same issue. so WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? i cant access HBO GO in any device, i tried everything, download the latest version, update flash player on my computer, delete and download again the apps for my ipad, iphone and computer... the weirdest thing is that i could acces hbo go from my directv account back in my country just fine... but here, where it supose that everything works.... it doesnt... please. i need a solution...P.S: the image in the regular television keeps freezing really frecuently. 

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

5 years ago

HBO GO is available for the XBox One. 

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/apps/hbo-go

The Uverse app is available for:

• iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch® (iOS 9.3 and above)
  • AndroidTM® smartphones and tablets (OS 4.1 and above)
  • Android wearables (Android WearTM OS) Amazon Fire TV devices

If the Cinemax app is not available on XBox, that would be an XBox issue. 

https://help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/216986377-Which-devices-is-MAX-GO-available-on-

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I know HBO GO is available for the XBOX.. as I told you... i already have the app in all my devices... the problem is... as the title of my inquire express... I CANT ACCES TO HBO GO WITH THE AT&T U-Verse ID... it says I don't have a subscription with HBO tru you

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Re: Can't access HBO GO with Uverse account
I know HBO GO is available for the XBOX.. as I told you... i already have the app in all my devices... the problem is... as the title of my inquire express... I CANT ACCES TO HBO GO WITH THE AT&T U-Verse ID... it says I don't have a subscription with HBO tru you

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

The agents are telling everyone that there is some sort of outage that involves using third party apps and they don't know when it will be resolved. It has been this way since early December and maybe even longer. I'm a new customer as well, just switched from comcast xfinity and considering going back. I'd rather pay a little more for services that actually work then less for services I'm not even getting. It all sounds fishy to me... like ATT would allow this to go on for that long without a solution. If it was just an outage, it would have been fixed by now. Also, when I signed up a  couple of weeks ago I was sure to ask about the third party apps because it's the only way that I watch TV. If they knew they weren't working, they should have said something then. smh. They're being dishonest and almost fraudulent at this point.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

Us also, same exact issue ,we are being told it's a 3rd party issue, so we contact HBO GO ,their customer support  has been helpful , but did NOT resolve issue , HBO GO insists ,log in problems are the providers problem ! I can get HBO GO on my desktop hard wired to modem ,with member ID and  my password ,but I can't cast that screen to my TV's . So I try to use a mobile device ,that is COMPATIBLE and I still can't get logged in , advanced repair agent insists,I need to buy a wireless phone from AT&T with unlimited data to access HBO GO ,so I waited a few hours and called again with agents response and was told they will speak to or comment on prior agents resolution .. I think we are are getting the picture now  

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

5 years ago

We have an Android tablet OS 4.2.2 . The tablet is compatible but still can't log in . Sorry but they are so lies and distortions being told to us ,it's unacceptable and just plain outrageous , also the same problem exists with the uverse app to watch TV ,again AT&T claims 3rd party  issue and takes  responsibility ,but these are just words ,with zero action to back those words  up 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hi All,

Saw this post and I had the exact same problem. Took me a month to figure it out, but I just figured out the solution and I used this thread a lot for reference.

What you have to do is log into your normal AT&T account and go to your account notifications. Go to finish online account set-up which requires you to create an AT&T email account. Once you finish, use that email account to log into HBO GO or any other TV app. If you can't find the notification, I would just call customer service to get help setting up an email account that's connected to your AT&T Uverse account.

Hope that solves everyone's problems!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.