For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
G

• 

4 Messages

Friday, April 7th, 2023 6:41 PM

"You have a balance due" monthly email --- no, I do not!

For the last 6 months, since November 2022, I have been getting a monthly email from AT&T advising that I have a past due balance.

I NEVER have a past due balance in actuality, because I am on auto-pay and get my entire bill deducted from my credit card each month.

I have called Customer Service and complained, back in December 2022, and they said they would fix this.  It has not been fixed.

Are others getting these incorrect past due notices?

Does AT&T have a system glitch they can't get rid of?

Thanks for you replies.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

1 year ago

What is the due date on your cycle?

When is the e-mail arriving?

Does the e-mail have a date?

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

REF     EMAIL ARRIVED    DUE DATE IN EMAIL     MY CYCLE DUE DATE (ALWAYS PAID IN FULL)

===   ==========     =============     ==============================

1)        6JAN23                  10JAN23                        28DEC22

2)        7FEB23                  11FEB23                        30JAN23

3)        8MAR23                  12MAR23                        28FEB23

4)        7APR23                  11APR23                        29MAR23

Yes, each email has a date in the body of the email text, that is the same as the date I receive the email. 

I never make any additional payments, because I know my account can't be overdue.  Autopay always gets 100% of the amount due.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Gazzer

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

1 year ago

I have a few more questions: 

What is your actual cycle date?  It must be early in the month to have due dates floating on the end of the month?

Where did you get these Due Dates?  Are they from your bill?  

When does the autopay payment actually occur?

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

What is your actual cycle date?  It must be early in the month to have due dates floating on the end of the month?

• My statement date is the 19th.  My auto-pay is due the 29th usually, but adjusts for the weekends.

Where did you get these Due Dates?  Are they from your bill?  

• As stated, the "due dates" are in the email announcing I am late.  I'm guessing these dates have a grace period built in, after the warning email is sent out.
  • These due dates are not the due dates on my bill.  I think they are the new due date for the underpayment in the warning email.

When does the autopay payment actually occur?

• As stated, my autopay due date is the 29th.

May I ask what your capacity is, trying to answer this issue?  Do you have insider knowledge why these warning emails are triggered?  There is clearly a bug within AT&T's system.

Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

1 year ago

If your Cycle Date is the 19th, and you are paying by Credit Card, then your autopayment date should be 27th and your regular payment due date should be 13 days later than that (which would vary between the 12th and the 15th).  

What does this link say (you may have to log in to your AT&T account, and then click it again to reach this page):

https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/profile/editBillNotification

I've been having running arguments with several credit card companies where I schedule a payment of the balance in full shortly after I get my bill, but they send me a reminder that my bill is due a few days before the due date even though I've already scheduled a payment.  It's annoying.  Seems like the fact that I have a scheduled payment would stop the e-mail, just like you feel that your automated payment should keep you from getting notified.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I'm not getting a "reminder" email that my bill is due in a few days....... I'm getting an "overdue" notice!  Different than what you're experiencing with your CC companies.

Your link simply takes me to my account status dashboard, and my total balance is ZERO and my autopay was applied on the 29th.

I'm not sure where you're going with your questions.  Ultimately I'm looking for AT&T to fix their bug..... I just wanted to know if I'm the only one getting this problem.  

I'll take this discussion off the forum for now.....  Seems no one else is having my issue and willing to discuss.

Cheers!

Gazzer.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

1 year ago

I have autopay and I'm not having that issue.  Good luck.

ACE - New Member

• 

637 Messages

1 year ago

Outside of the occasional advertisement, I don't get anything from AT&T other than a "your bill is read to view" email and a payment confirmation email when my Autopay hits. No issue here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.