Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit uverse.com for all your U-Verse TV support needs.
Get the myAT&T app
ohrabbitz's profile

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

Friday, February 12th, 2016 8:55 PM

Closed

What IS the Office of the President?

I've had occasion to speak with people from the Office of the President recently about an issue. I realized I don't know what sort of place they occupy in the scheme of things. A dead end for customer complaints? Where would they be in a corporate structure diagram? Once you wind up there, abandon all hope? Are they a bunch of people sitting at desks outside the President of AT&Ts office? Do they know him? Does he know them? How many of them are there? Who supervises them?

Really, please help with this mystery. Also, a map of the corporate structure might be useful to me.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

8 years ago

No worries!  I've got a pretty thick skin & it takes more than a couple of posts on a message board to ruffle my feathers!

I hope you stick around.  Other members and specifically ACEs can offer a wealth of information, help & suggestions.  I can't remember the last time I called CS.  I can either find the answer here or I contact Customer Care via PM.

If we can just be respectful and polite to each other, all will be right with the world.

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@skeeterintexas

Yes that is the AT&T HQ where their "executive offices" are located,

The "Office of The President" is not the same thing.....

I know the names of all the AT&T Executives at the HQ but I have NEVER been able to find the name for the "President" of AT&T. Man Happy

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

8 years ago

AT&T does not have a "President" or an Office of the President".  I don't know where that nomenclature came from.  They have "Senior Executives".  For a list of all Senior Executives, go HERE  Randall Stephenson is Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer.  

Since ATT is a publically traded company, all information about his salary (#34 in Forbes top 100 CEO compensation list) and the how the company is structured is readily available if one wants to find it.  

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

Stephenson is the one so against net neutrality, isn't he?

I do think there is someone(s) above him but you will never get to them.

I think Stephenson has run AT&T into the ground.  I think we are on a sinking ship.

I hear that the merger with directv was a last ditch effort to save themselves.  My financial advisor says that no one is saying it would be a good idea to buy AT&T stock right now.

I have a friend in technology and he says a certain tech company is waitng in the wings to take over once AT&T fails or goes totally wireless, which he thinks will mean the end of them.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

8 years ago

Stephenson is CEO and only answers to the shareholders.  When you consider that the stock is up 22% from last year, he's sitting pretty. 

You're right though.  I should have bought when it was $31.  It closed Friday at $42.

edit:  One star?  Seriously?  Who would give one star for a factual answer?  I don't understand.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

8 years ago

There is a thing that calls itself the "Office of the President"  I've gotten calls from them before to follow up when a problem got escalated, wanting to make sure that the problem was resolved.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

8 years ago

I still think it's hilarious that they call something "Office of the President" when ATT does not have a President. 

I guess someone thought it sounded better than Complaint Department.  Smiley LOL

*Edit to add this little nugget which I actually found on a previous post on these m/bs:

FYI, The President's Office isn't really anywhere near what the moniker implies.  It is just a call center that has a little more access and leeway that a regular c/s rep.  The one near me ( I live in a 1 light town) is in the next little town over from me in my rural county. 

Now THAT makes more sense!

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

You can have my stock if you wish, I've been selling it off like crazy! (or trying to anyway, seems skeeter is the only one who wishes to buy)

Explorer

• 

23 Messages

8 years ago

I feel left out, I'm not getting one starred.

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@TimetoPlay

Worst thing to happen to the original AT&T aka The Bell System (not the same exact company as today) was when the gov't deregulated the business entirely in 1984.  Before this time 

they were required to act in the public interest, make a profit (reasonable), provide universal phone service of good quality and reasonable prices for all..and develop new technology. Things started to crumble a couple of years after that date...One of the DUMBEST things AT&T did was  spin off and later SELL BELL LABS....(known for a time as Lucent and Alcatel).

Now some will argue that "The Phone Company" didn't care about the customer either during the pre dereg days, but it just was not true. While I was still young pre teen and child, I vividly remember my encounters with the Illinois Bell, Bell of PA, and Diamond State Telephone technicians during those days, and the customer service phone reps as well by way of my parents when they needed to call them. They can never recall poor service, incompent technical service or repair, or problems with billing (when an errant charge was found it was immediately corrected within minutes by couteous, professionial, helpful reps), and the technicians,  and linesmen, I would speak to while I was out playing or when they were in our home connecting service were always well trained, professional, knowledgable, and able to do any job right the first time out. I was so fascinated by anything electronic after watching the techs and linesmen do their jobs I wanted to be one too!

Oh, I wonder if that tech company you are referring to has a name that starts with 

an "F" and end with an "r", and I correct?  I believe that have already bought a lot of that other legacy baby bell companies assets and their name starts with a "V".Man Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.