For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
ResaJo's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, November 1st, 2014 1:20 AM

What happened to honest rewards?

I signed up for U-verse for the services AT&T offers that have come highly recommended by neighbors who are happy with AT&T, too. Not just for rewards offers. We had done quite a bit of research into local cable/internet providers, and got tired of paying really high prices to Buckeye when we have been with them for 20 years, yet all the discounts are given to "new accounts".

So, we chose AT&T, but still, the introductory offer in the letter I received in the mail in which I used to make our initial call to AT&T getting us signed up and scheduled for our installation promised a $200.00 reward for switching from Buckeye Cable to AT&T. When we called everything we signed up for is exactly what we got. About a week after the installation we did decide to increase our package to the U-300 channel line-up. Everything I have read here in the forums indicates the upgrade makes me eligable for an additional $50 in rewards.

(I do remember seeing a small pop-up on the bottom of our TV screen about getting a reward card if we increase our channel line-up, but had forgotten that!)

So, I go to the reward center tonight to register/check for our rewards. Yet it shows only $50.00. I haven't received any other verification letters that I know of other than the one I got this week. So I am wondering if 1) they just hope you will forget about your reward offers so they dont have to honor them? or 2) maybe the initial $200.00 reward was bunk?

Can anyone make a recommendation as to how to proceed? Should I go ahead and accept the $50.00 reward now, will accepting it make the initial $200 reward offer void?

Is there honesty in the rewards they offer for switching your services? I really hope so, we switched hoping that AT&T was a more honest service provider, so I hope they "put the money where their mouths are"!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

So, am I to understand that the "U Verse Offer" I was given was the reward? I thought the reward was for switching from Buckeye-Express, and independant of the current pricing that was being offered to everyone in my area. I am paying the advertised prices for local services, so I had no idea it is part of any reward options.

Please explain, thanks!

Teresa

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I just viewed my billing, there is no "discounts" applied other than the $15.00 bundle discount I get for having both cable tv and internet, there isnt a monthly discount.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

@ResaJo wrote:

I just viewed my billing, there is no "discounts" applied other than the $15.00 bundle discount I get for having both cable tv and internet, there isnt a monthly discount.

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Send the PM to these folks and they should be able to address any of your concerns.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.