Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
texgeekboy's profile

Teacher

• 

44 Messages

Sunday, October 10th, 2021 8:44 PM

Uverse app signin problem workaround

I, like many, have had problems for weeks signing into the uverse app on my iPhone.  It turns out that due to a recent change I made, my login credentials may have confused the app.  My original login id to Uverse was with my old email having a non-ATT domain.  I have had an ATT id with 'sbcglobal' from the start.  I wanted a new ATT id because I needed a new email address (my old domain went bankrupt), and I didn't want to use 'sbcglobal'.  I greatly preferred one ending in 'att.net', so I made one.

Looking at my profile, both my att.net and sbcglobal.net ids show up.  I have logged into the myATT app with both many times.  I cannot login with either to the Uverse app.

When I created a 'att.net' id for me, I made one for my wife.  Out of desperation, I logged in with her id and voila, it worked!!!!

What I need is for an upper level tech to work with me to clear my ids on my att account.  I can disable some, but not delete any.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello. I created a separate thread about this issue that had pointers on where to look for suggestions on resolving the login problem.  Have you tried any of those?

(edited)

Teacher

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for doing that.  No I haven't.  I am usually on top of searching for solutions before posting but I have so much personal stuff going on right now I'm a bit off my game.

While I am okay with using my wife's id/password to login to the uverse app, I would prefer to use my own.  Do you have any words of wisdom on how that can be done.  Again, my id situation was jumbled, and in the myATT ap I can use my first ATT Id (sbcglobal.net) and my new ATT id (att.net).  Looking at my profile they both show up as the primary id for different accounts.  Merging ids doesn't seem to do anything.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.5K Messages

3 years ago

@texgeekboy 

Under linked accounts I see primary member ID and Account email in the section for Wireless/Internet/TV/Phone  

Both are my att.net email.   This is the one that works for me.   

Teacher

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

@gr8sho 

My att.net id appears in both those places.  I just tried to login to the uverse app and it still won't let me.

As I said, my sbcglobal.net id was the one that was given to me when service was started 10+ years ago (at the time it was just land line and DSL).  Back then I was able to make my non-att email address the main contact point for my att account.  I never used sbcglobal.  Now I have gigabit fiber, 3 mobile devices, uverse, and the land line still.  Since my non-att email domain is going away, I created an att.net email address, and it appears to be in control, except for the uverse app.

I need a level 2 or 3 customer support tech to help me with getting this changed.  I've been in computers for 30+ years.  I'm not bragging, but I know more than the ones that answer the initial call.  It used to be that at some point they would transfer your call up the chain, but that doesn't seem to happen anymore.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.5K Messages

3 years ago

There won’t be higher level support from att in the forum, that will only come from the 800-att-2020 number.  

I’d make one more effort and login to att.com on a desktop or laptop and navigate to the section where email addresses are managed for your profile and see if everything there is in order.  As I said in another thread, I did see my email addresses flagged as unverified, so I took action to resolve that issue.   

Since you’ve touched your att.net ID recently, it wouldn’t surprise me if some backend processing is still in progress.  

The number of posts about users no longer able to access the app is an indication something has changed.  The last time I saw someone in att touch authentication in one of their apps it took months before they got around to resolving it.  And I won’t debate the view this shouldn’t take so long to get resolved for a paid premium subscription.   

Teacher

• 

44 Messages

3 years ago

I've called the main att support number a couple of times for this issue.  The 'techs' aren't all that helpful.  I end up leading them to the answer.  I'll try again in a day or so and specifically ask if I can be transferred to the next support level.  For now, since my wife's id works well with the app, I'm not in a big hurry.  I'll just wait until att pulls the plug on uverse.

I know that not too long ago they called their streaming service AT&T TV.  I see that they now call it Direct Stream.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.5K Messages

3 years ago

Yes, it will take several calls on the same issue to move the chains.   Maybe they can find something wrong with the account they can resolve for you.  But for most I suspect the answer is getting the correct att.net userid recognized by Uverse.   

While what you say is true about directvstream, that’s irrelevant here.  The app login will get sorted out eventually.  What people choose to do after U-verse is something they will decide for themselves.  It is a one way path out.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.