Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
AG2023's profile

3 Messages

Sunday, December 10th, 2023 9:03 PM

U Verse subscription Error

Do not use At&t Uverse! They are terrible at there help! The subscription log in credentials always show and error when trying to use your log in to watch other third party apps! I can’t watch ESPN games, TNT, or anything i need my cable provider for ! When i called and asked for help they tried to blame it on the apps instead of taking accountability for basically scamming us . The at&t u verse app doesn’t even work to watch shows on your mobile device either ! It’s the same issues everyone has! And they have yet to fix it! ITS A SCAM DONT BUY THERE PACKAGES!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

5 months ago

While the AT&T U-verse App will not win any awards for reliability and I've had the occasional issue with authentication of 3rd party channel apps, for me it both do usually work.

But @AG2023 your warning isn't all that useful because AT&T has not been accepting new U-verse TV subscribers for 3 years.  The ones who are still here know the deal and no one else needs to be warned away.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

5 months ago

I’ve has Uverse TV for 16 years (2007).  The only app I’ve really had any problems with was the Showtime app.  That was a year ago and it was the app.  

Sorry you’ve had issues but your experience does not define everyone’s experience.  🤷‍♂️

3 Messages

5 months ago

I don’t even know why you guys thought to comment regardless it doesn’t change my issue. I’m glad they haven’t accepted new users because they can’t handle them unfortunately. It’s a scam, they are the problem and no one can’t tell me otherwise because every encounter i’ve had, others have agreed and had the same issue. So i’m not on my own here. Unfortunately my mother is a victim of the terrible service and didn’t even know her stuff didn’t work until I tried to sign in for her. So everything you guys said is perfectly fine by or your OWN experience as you said . But doesn’t change mine or EVERYONE ELSE who has the same issue. You didn’t comment a solution for help you commented your opinion which doesn’t help either of us does it? okay then.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

5 months ago

You say in your case it doesn't work.  One data point.

We say in our case it does work.  Two data points.

You say others say it doesn't work.  More data points.

We know of others who have gotten it to work.  More data points.

The thing is that AT&T and DIRECTV are putting minimal effort into the U-verse TV product.  If you're willing to pay what they're charging for the product they're providing, they'll accept your money.  If it requires a lot of effort, it ain't happening.  If your mother isn't using the service, then she should quit paying for it.  That applies to whatever service that is.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.