For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
Slushy61's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 7th, 2014 11:40 PM

Phone Number Fraud

Yes, I receive no AT&T services, but I receive monthly phone calls and text messages regarding an AT&T U-verse alert, on a monthly basis. And since I have no account for AT&T, this makes trying to get consumer help regarding this quite difficult. I would like for this to be resolved, as I am looking out for calls on job interviews, and these phone calls have been quite distracting. I tried telling the person on the phone that I do not have any AT&T U-Verse service, but they call me again and again anyways regarding installation service, repair service, etc. This has been going on since 5/22/2014, off and on and has happened again yet today.  I figured someone who has an U-verse acccount with AT&T must have used a "fake phone number" since I have Verizon, I am certain AT&T can figure out this information as to which carrier I have, and any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I have always had Verizon, and I will give you my phone number, or if you need any further information to help in this matter.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

Please click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three.  You can provide your phone number and the best time to contact you in your message.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Slushy61 wrote:

Yes, I receive no AT&T services, but I receive monthly phone calls and text messages regarding an AT&T U-verse alert, on a monthly basis. And since I have no account for AT&T, this makes trying to get consumer help regarding this quite difficult. I would like for this to be resolved, as I am looking out for calls on job interviews, and these phone calls have been quite distracting. I tried telling the person on the phone that I do not have any AT&T U-Verse service, but they call me again and again anyways regarding installation service, repair service, etc. This has been going on since 5/22/2014, off and on and has happened again yet today.  I figured someone who has an U-verse acccount with AT&T must have used a "fake phone number" since I have Verizon, I am certain AT&T can figure out this information as to which carrier I have, and any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, thank you. I have always had Verizon, and I will give you my phone number, or if you need any further information to help in this matter.

Might check this Choices and Controls ATT website:

http://www.att.com/gen/privacy-policy?pid=24339

😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.