For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
MrsAdamsRN's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 12:41 AM

Long time AT&T customer thinking of going back to Comcast

To Whom It May Concern,

Long, long ago, I had my name on an e-mail list to be informed of when Uverse would be available in my area. I was so excited to finally get rid of Comcast! Up until now, I've had amazing service, and amazing customer service. Recently, my bill has increased by $60 (without adding any new services). I called this morning to see what I could do to lower my bill. I spoke with a nice lady who I thought fixed my issue. I told her that I wanted to keep my movie channels and did not really want to downgrade any of my services. She told me that I would keep my movie channels and my bill would decrease by $39. I figured it's better than nothing, so I said OK. Turns out, she downgraded my service, gave me the movie channels for free for 3 months (and then would have to pay full price for them),and after the 3 months was up my account will go back to the regular balance I was paying, and I would have LESS service. She also took my internet speed from 18 to 6 WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME! Needless to say, I was outraged when I logged onto my account this afternoon to see the mess she had made. 

I figured that it could be fixed easily because I have always had great experiences with customer service with both my AT&T wireless & Uverse accounts. I was very wrong. I called customer service and told them what happened. The lady was not pleasant at all. She would mute me or put me on hold when I was in mid sentence. She told me there was nothing she could do to help me. I asked her if there was something she could do to remedy this so that I wouldn't start looking into what Comcast could offer me. She said there was nothing she could do. She never apologized for the other lady's mishap, or apologized for putting me on hold and essentially cutting me off. I'm appalled at what I went through today. Not only did the first associate I spoke with completely blindside me with service changes with absolutely NO communication about it, the customer service rep was even more atrocious. I have referred all my family to using AT&T for their cell phones & TV, but I will no longer tout the good name. If a customer has an issue, at least attempt to help them. I will be calling Comcast on my next day off to see what they can offer, unless my some miracle this letter gets through to someone who cares. 

Sincerely,

Mrs. Adams

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

10 years ago

There are bad apples everywhere, I'm afraid.  Surely you heard the audio that's making the rounds of the Comcast retentions guy who wouldn't take no for an answer.

I'd say you have two courses of action if you're interested in staying with AT&T:

1. call AT&T at 800-288-2020 and ask for retentions.  If you're serious about being willing to leave AT&T, they can sometimes cut you a real deal.

2. Click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope will appear in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three.  They can probably get your account back like it was and I am sure will apologize for the rudeness you've experienced today.  However, I don't know that they can cut you any sweet deals like retention can.

Good luck.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for your help! I will try those avenues ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.