For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
lowerwolf's profile

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

Monday, July 27th, 2020 8:55 PM

How do I start the U-Verse cancelation process?

I've decided to cancel my U-Verse (internet and TV) when my current promotion expires Aug. 15. I want to keep my service until that date. How do I go about getting started on canceling. 

Also, I've been billed for the next cycle, which runs from July 21-August 20. So I need my bill adjusted since there are five extra days once I cancel. 

Thanks for the assistance. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

You need to call to cancel. Your final month of service is not prorated, you pay for the full month whether you use it or not. Your bill will not be adjusted. You might as well keep your service until Aug 20, you are paying for it. Just make sure you cancel by Aug 20, otherwise you will be billed for another month.

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

4 years ago

You can only cancel by phone, be prepared they will try to talk you into staying, this is where you maybe can get some sort of bonus to stay, but with u-verse being phased out, the perks  might not be as generous as a couple of years ago. They will give you a confirmation number  when you cancel and send you an email what to return,  you have 21 days from the day your service ends to mail the equipment back to u-verse otherwise you will be charged, so don't delay.

(edited)

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the response. 

So calling is the only way? What about chat? I'd like to get written verification from AT&T when I do cancel. I've learned that the hard way. 

(edited)

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. I just want to make sure I get some sort of confirmation after I cancel. I'll make sure I get that email after I call. 

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I just called to cancel. No confirmation number (and I forgot to ask for it). I was told I'd get an email, but I haven't received it yet. I was also told I had 10 days after my service ends to return equipment, so I don't know if that has changed. 

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

4 years ago

You should get the email the next day, it will list the equipment you need to return. You have 21 days to return the equipment when your account ends  to avoid non equipment return charges. When you bring the equipment back to the fed ex office they will scan each piece of equipment that has a serial number on it, basically routers and receivers. Then in about two days you should get a confirmation email from u-verse saying  that the equipment has been returned. 

Tutor

• 

15 Messages

4 years ago

I got the email today. 

The woman I spoke with yesterday said I needed to return everything by 8/30 to a UPS store. The email says I have until 9/10 and need to return it to a FedEx Office store. 

I'm assuming UPS is fine. It's a lot closer to me, so I'd rather go there. I'll have everything returned before 8/30 either way. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.