For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
bigbarthy's profile

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 11:17 PM

Fraudulent Uverse Sales Visitor

We were visited by 2 ATT Uverse "badged" personnel.  They told us that since our house is wired for Uverse, and since ATT bought out Directv; we have to get rid of the dish and go with Uverse.  They scheduled our appt where they'd come and disconnect directv and install the new uverse boxes.  They told me I would save a lot of money doing this too!  They told me I would receive the best program package they had called the U-300.  Well, after this Extortionist’s left my house I called directv who told me I was lied to.  Then I called Uverse and they told me I was lied too.  They were ripping us off.  Taking advantage because we're older folks and I'm a disabled vet.  ATT told me they would investigate and let me know what happened.  I haven't heard from ATT at all since.  I'm waiting to hear from ATT.  I have a scorching letter drafted up for the BBB and I'm talking to an attorney of what my options are.  I'd like to hear from ATT and find out what they're investigation yielded and what sort of corrective action they put in place to preclude this from happening to anyone else.  By the way; the best package is the U450.  They were not only liars, they were stupid and Extortionist’s and I will have my day in court!!

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

The d2d people will say anything to get a sale. They told me we had FTTP and I told them to tell me when they would install the ONT. They left

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

Also, they are subcontractors for AT&T or is it at&t now?

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

9 years ago

They didn't mention being contractors; doesn't matter, if they are hired by ATT; they are ATT...no?

Guru

• 

921 Messages

9 years ago

AT&T hires the subcontractor company who hires the d2d people

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

9 years ago

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

9 years ago

What can I do to prevent this from happening again, not just to me, but to others?  I think ATT owes me some recompense.  I was on the phone and Uverse for almost 3 hours after these clowns came here and did the crime.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @bigbarthy,

I apologize about the issues you have had, and we will be glad to work with you on this issue. If you could please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you. 

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-David T

1 Attachment

Mentor

• 

64 Messages

9 years ago

Appreciate ya Dave.  I received a call from ATT corp and was informed the district office where these clowns came from will be investigated.  That's all  can ask for.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.