Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
UnhappyClient's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, September 10th, 2015 12:53 AM

False Information and NO HELP

Having problems with our UVerse just suddenly going out.  Modem goes dark; broadband light goes from green to red to blank.  Lasts anywhere from 1 to several minutes.  Once returned searched ATT UVerse Care for some answers.  Didn't see much but did see other customers mentioning same problem.  No resolution stated.  Found a contact number for Internet Tech Support that says it is open 24/7.  Number is 800 288-2020.  Called number, dealt with annoying recording and pressing multiple buttons.  Placed in waiting limbo for 12 minutes.  Customer Service rep comes on and low and behold she is only good for cell phone service.  Happy to give me the direct line to Tech support--800-288-2020, but sorry they are not open right now.  Hmm, I say, that is the number I dialed and I called them as website says they are open 24/7.  She says yes, I know it says that, but they are closed.  I ask, is it wise to have information on your website that is wrong and misleading?  She states, she has put in customer comments about it before.  

So, ATT UVerse Care, any idea on 1) how to solve my connection problems and 2) why the website has wrong information on it?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @UnhappyClient,

Let's get you some help. You can use the ATTU-verseCare link in my signature to send a Private Message. Be sure to include your account number, a phone number, and a good time to reach you by phone if needed. Check the blue envelope at the top right corner of this page for their reply.

Hope your U-verse experience gets better.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

9 years ago

You should also not create duplicate posts, to me, it just creates more work for the people who want to try to help you.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Troubleshoot-Internet-Service/Connection-Problems/m-p/4307206#M5245

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Okay Alex, so sorry to have sent two messages.  However, the messages are conveying two different problems.  One, the connection problem and the second, the lousy customer service which exacerbates the problem.  

Thank you for your response.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

9 years ago

Also, Technical Support is supposed to be open 7/24.  I have no idea why the person on the phone would tell you anything else.  @ATTDmitriyCM, any ideas about that?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

I agree, as far as I know U-Verse tech support is open 24/7, it's possible the rep was talking about one of the other wireless departments, but no way to know for sure now.

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your assistance.  We did get the problem solved, for now at least.  The problem is that the wiring was old, coax cable wiring, and should have been removed and replaced a long time ago, perhaps when we had UVERSE installed but at least back in June when the problem was reported to ATT.  Luckily, the repair person who came this time acknowledged the problem and identified the proper solution.  The result was that the whole system was rewired and a new modem and dvr was required.  I appreciate this man's attention to customer service.  So if anyone else is having this problem, I suggest you look into what type of wiring you currently have.

And on the customer service side, it was a horrendous process to actually get the rep on the phone to schedule a technician.  They kept requiring me to shut down the modem saying if it came back on properly, the problem was "solved".  I declined to participate and lo and behold during the lengthy 45 minute call, the system shut down by itself.  ATT, I am glad my problem is fixed but have no idea why your customer service makes the process so difficult.  

Mentor

• 

96 Messages

9 years ago

Unfortunately intermittent problems are the hardest to diagnose. I use to work on vehicles and people would being their car to me saying it dies sometimes at a red light. If I drive it and run diagnostics tests and it doesn't exhibit that problem, then there's no way to know what to repair, replace, or fix... 

Never what a customer wants to hear.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@UnhappyClient  If you happen to have a 510/589/599 Arris/Moto RG, IPv6 causes disconnects, rebooting and browsing problems.

Disable IPv6 in the RG's Gui. http://192.168.1.254/

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.