We recognize and honor military, veterans and their families. Get 25% off our best unlimited plans.
The best prices for our Military families
J

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020 1:20 PM

Runaround

Disabled veteran here.  I had a phone representative tell me the only way to get the military discount was by going to a store. I went to the store and provided my VA identification card, Which they reviewed, documented, and uploaded to the system. Yesterday, a hone representative told me that I am not receiving the discount because I still have to go back to the store and submit my DD form 214, which I am, quite frankly, not comfortable with doing. Why am I getting the runaround and what is the right way to get this discount?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

the dd214 is a requirement to receive the discount

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Odd that no one from AT&T had told me that and that's not what the web site says. "Military ID (active or retired), Military Dependent ID, AM VETS card, Veterans ID, Veteran-designated driver's license" are all acceptable, which I provided. I even had a phone rep tell me I don't need to go into a store and can do it all on-line. Tired of the runaround.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

You said you presented your VA ID card. That is not one of the forms of identification accepted at a store. I’m not sure of a VA ID is the same as “Veteran ID Card (VIC)” but that is only accepted online for some reason. Also, only certain items can be done online. Here are the accepted forms of ID:

Online: Provide any one of the following forms of ID to sign up

• Veteran Designated Driver’s License (not valid in HI, NE, NJ, OR, and VA)
  • Veteran ID Card (VIC)
  • VetRewards Card from Veterans Advantage (Not a member? Sign up online )

AT&T stores: Provide any one of the following forms of ID to sign up

• Veteran’s Designated Driver’s License
  • Valid Retired Military ID
  • Current AMVETS Membership Card
  • Veteran Health Insurance Card (VHIC)
  • Department of Defense Form DD214 (indicating an honorable discharge)
  • Department of Defense Sponsorship Card (for spouses of deceased veterans)

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. I provided my Veteran ID Card (VIC) card. I called the same store, which told me that when they process veteran discounts they are not allowed to take pics of the IDs. Instead, they will upload the manager's business card. That is what they, indeed, did. What they failed to mention was that AT&T will, on occasion, demand additional proof of status. I am guess that is what happened. I have, since, uploaded my (redacted) DD214. Fingers crossed. The store also told me that its probably best to go to a corporate store vs retails. Again, good information which could have been shared. In the end, the lady said that there is not one single, or clear, process on how to do this. Even she gave me multiple methods which she said "might" work. For something as simple as confirming identity and validating a document to receive a discount, AT&T sure has a lot to work on.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

The store also told me that its probably best to go to a corporate store vs retails.

That is true. I got my discount added with one trip to a corporate store.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.