For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
inksa2015's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 25th, 2015 3:49 PM

screen display not working

I live in KSA. I have note 2 from USA at&t. Since morning without any damage the screen got stuck stuttered a bit and now it just doesn't work. No water spill and did not fall down. Does the warranty apply in KSA as well. Please reply asap.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @inksa2015

I’m sorry to hear your device is not performing as it should. As the device is 2 years old, any manufacturers warranty will have expired after the first year. With regards to what may be causing this issue, it could be software or hardware based, it’s really hard to tell without getting hands on the device. I would recommend trying to boot into Recovery Mode to see if the screen responds. To access Recovery Mode, with the phone powered off, hold VOLUME UP + POWER + HOME together at the same time until you see the recovery options. If able to get this far, you may wish to perform a factory reset from the recovery options to wipe any software issues causing the screen to not function correctly.

If the screen does not respond at all, it may indicate a hardware failure which would require a repair or replacement. For this, please reach out to Samsung for a quote on the price of a repair.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Charise

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

9 years ago

No. Even if the phone were still under warranty, you are only covered in the country of purchase, in this case the USA. Since this phone is about 2 years old, it would be out of warranty anyway.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Ok the model is 2 years old but it was a brand new box I got as gift. But you answered my query the warranty isn't covered. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

One little query. What might have been the cause for the screen to stutter or no display at all since there was not water spill or falling off problem. Any idea any one?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.