Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
sspiers's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, January 14th, 2015 4:57 PM

Samsung Galaxy S4 Error - SIM Card Removed - Unable to detect your SIM card.

I upgraded to Android 4.4.4 in November.  Since that time I have be plagued with the same error "SIM card removed. Unable to detect your SIM card.  Your device will restart to check for your SIM card."  I have checked my SIM card, I've replaced my SIM card, and have refreshed my OS.  I am convinced that the problem is software related.  I ocassionally will be able to reboot my phone and find that the SIM card is recognized just fine.  Other times, I need to reboot and restart my phone several times for it to reboot sucessfully.

I am frustrated because I take excellent care of my phone, I keep it in an Otterbox case, I've never dropped it, and it remains clean (dust-free).  AT&T claims it's a hardware problem and it is out of warranty so I should replace it.  However, it's only 1 1/2 years old.

Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This solution is for the Galaxy S4 recurring error: "SIM card removed. Unable to detect your SIM card. Your device will restart to check your SIM card.

I read every "solution" on the Internet, including this discussion board, and tried many of them, including playing with Bluetooth, putting pressure on the SIM card, replacing the SIM, factory reset, clearing the caches, changing radio frequencies, etc etc etc. blah blah blah.

The problem is Lollipop - there is a flaw - an incompatibility with the S4. Here is THE SOLUTION. Downgrade from Lollipop to KitKat 4.4.2 and your Galaxy S4 will be back to "normal."

Download Odin3 version 3.12.3 and search on the Internet for this exact tar.md5 file:

ALL_ATT_I337UCUFNB1_I337ATTFNB1_505595_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

Follow the instructions here:
http://androidsigma.com/how-to-downgrade-samsung-galaxy-s4-from-android-lollipop-to-kitkat/

You may have to reset the phone and rerun Odin several times. My 6th attempt worked perfectly. With KitKat 4.4.2, the "SIM card removed........" error has gone for good.

Neil Farquharson, Dallas, TX, November 2, 2016

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have likewise explored the far reaches of the internet for an answer and, from what I have experienced, it's not a software issue. It's an issue with the sim track. Putting pressure on the sim card doesn't do anything because that isn't the issue. Just above the MicroSd slot, there is a ribbon that commonly comes loose. If you do not put pressure on this ribbon, the problem will persist. I have lived with applying pressure with paper in the case backing, but I am going to open the phone up for a permanent fix tonight. I will post the results (if productive) once this is done.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

You can see the message of unable to detect SIM card or SIM card not recognized android phone. This is happen due to various reasons. When SIM card not detected on your device, you can not call other people and not get call from anyone. If your SIM card works fine with another phone, then your device is hardware problem.

Try below given steps to solve unable to detect SIM card error on android phone. After each troubleshooting step, check to see if your problem is fixed

Step 1: If your android phone has dual SIMs, disable the SIM, again enable it. To enable / disable SIM follow below settings.

Settings > Wireless & networks > SIM cards > Turn off SIM1 / SIM 2 > Turn on SIM 1 /SIM 2

Step 2: If only one SIM card allows in your device, switch off your phone, remove the SIM card and reinsert it.

Step 3: Turn your android phone off and then turn on again to creat a new connection with network.

Step 4: Remove the SIM card that is not recognized and use it in other SIM slot if dual SIM phone. If not dual SIM phone, then try it in other android phone

Step 5: Check your account is properly set up or not, to know contact your carrier  

Step 6: Replace the SIM card

If above given steps are not solve SIM card not detected error then try below step.

Step 7: Reboot or reset android phone

I hope above given steps help to solve your problem. SIM card not recognized android.JPG

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Criket

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

cricket sim card

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

.  The problem is "mechanical" and not software related.  The push on tab connecting the sim card and the SD card is so fine that it just bound to come loose in time as the phone is always being handled.  Putting pressure over the tab will help. The location of the tab is next to the 7 o'clock position if you imagine the camera lens as a clock.  Putting some dense foam and applying pressure by the back cover will help but its at most a temporary solution.  The next step is to open the back cover - 16 tiny screws had to come off and then prying the back cover out. The tab will be visible. Put the dense foam or solid rubber piece against the tab.  This may not be a permanent solution but it should last a long time- until the foam/rubber looses their bounce. Of course, the procedure could be repeated. Visit Youtube and see how to dis-assemble the phone. Go to Ebay to get the tool kit for a buck.  Hope the foregoing will help.  Been there, done that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have 2 samsung galaxy s4 sgh-m919 phones and both were giving the message "sim card not detected restart"  tried every answer from the net.. nothing worked

Started turning off apps and found the problem. It's  GOOGLE MAPS CRASHING THE phone!  Go in to Settings / more / applications / running / MAPS / Clear Cache / Uninstall updates / force stop...  Power off phone restart.  when you go to use GOOGLE MAPS or WAZE again. Decline and everything should work.  If you google the words google maps crash restart you will see it happens on many phones. Galaxy phones make it seem like a hardware issue  Please reply if this solves your issue too!  good luck

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Thanks, tryspammingme, that worked, nothing else worked except your suggestion.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.