Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Bendeewendee's profile

13 Messages

Wednesday, February 14th, 2024 4:17 AM

Samsung 24 Ultra Issues

I bought the S23 Ultra in Feb 2023. Shortly after, the following problems arose:

I have to text a friend at most 16x before it gets delivered.

Calendar alerts don't save.

I have to force stop apps or restart the phone so that the app ultimately opens.

I have to tap buttons several times before it responds.

Videos, like in Instagram, TikTok, etc., will play for one second and I have to swipe away and return in order for them to play.

Dark mode doesn't dim the wallpaper.

And more...

So this Feb, 2024, AT&T offered swapping a used, in good condition phone for the S24 Ultra. With the issues I was having with the S23, I figured yes, let's swap so I can rid myself of these issues.  I got the S24 Ultra a couple of days ago, used Smart Switch to copy my stuff over, and the S24 Ultra is exhibiting the same issues. I'll be on the horn with AT&T tomorrow and I do NOT want a refurbished phone. 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I bought the S23 Ultra in Feb 2023. Shortly after, the following problems arose:

I have to text a friend at most 16x before it gets delivered.

Calendar alerts don't save.

I have to force stop apps or restart the phone so that the app ultimately opens.

I have to tap buttons several times before it responds.

Videos, like in Instagram,  TikTok, etc., will play for one second and I have to swipe away and return in order for them to play.

Dark mode doesn't dim the wallpaper.

And more...

So this Feb, 2024, AT&T offered swapping a used, in good condition phone for the S24 Ultra. With the issues I was having with the S23, I figured yes, let's swap so I can rid myself of these issues.  I got the S24 Ultra a couple of days ago, used Smart Switch to copy my stuff over, and the S24 Ultra is exhibiting the same issues. I'll be on the horn with AT&T tomorrow and I do NOT want a refurbished phone. 

Hello, Bendeewendee

many Galaxy S24 owners have complained about washed out colors, grainy texture, horizontal bars, and excessive banding on their displays. Some of these issues may be related to the hardware, while others may be fixed by software updates. Samsung has reportedly offered free replacements or repairs for some affected users, but it may take some time to resolve the situation.

If you are not satisfied with your Galaxy S24 Ultra, you may want to contact AT&T and see if they can offer you a different phone model or a refund. Alternatively, you can try some troubleshooting steps to see if they improve your phone’s performance. For example, you can:

Clear the cache and data of the apps that are causing problems, such as messaging, calendar, Instagram, TikTok, etc.

Update your phone’s software and apps to the latest version available.

Reset your phone’s network settings and reconnect to your cellular or Wi-Fi network.

Turn off dark mode and adjust your screen brightness and color settings manually.

Backup your data and perform a factory reset on your phone.

You can find more detailed instructions on how to do these steps to Samsung's official website or on online forums. I hope this helps you solve some of the issues you are experiencing with your Galaxy S24 Ultra.

If not, I suggest you reach out to AT&T or Samsung as soon as possible and demand a fair solution. Good luck! 

2 Messages

4 months ago

I’m sorry to hear that you are having so many issues with your Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. It sounds like you are not satisfied with your phone’s performance and functionality. I can understand your frustration and disappointment.

Based on your description, it seems like your phone is suffering from some software glitches and bugs that affect its usability and user experience. Some of these issues, such as the dull screen, the camera error, and the touch screen problem, have been reported by other users as well.

Samsung has acknowledged some of these issues and promised to fix them with a software update. However, there is no specific date for the update release, so you may have to wait for a while before you can enjoy your phone fully.

In the meantime, you can try some troubleshooting steps to improve your phone’s performance and resolve some of the issues. Here are some of them:

• Restart your phone. Sometimes, a simple reboot can fix many problems and clear the cache and memory. You can restart your phone by pressing and holding the power button and then tapping Restart.
  • Update your phone’s software. Make sure that your phone is running the latest version of Android and One UI. You can check for updates by going to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
  • Clear the app cache and data. Some apps may cause problems if they are not updated or have corrupted data. You can clear the app cache and data by going to Settings > Apps > Select the app > Storage > Clear cache and Clear data.
  • Reset the network settings. Some network issues may affect your phone’s ability to send and receive texts, calls, and data. You can reset the network settings by going to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings.
  • Perform a factory reset. If none of the above steps work, you may need to perform a factory reset to erase all the data and settings on your phone and restore it to its original state. This may fix some of the software issues, but it will also delete all your personal files and apps, so make sure you back up your data before doing this. You can perform a factory reset by going to Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset.

I hope this helps you fix some of the issues with your Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. 

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

4 months ago

Yeah those responses are written with a AI assistance. 

If you're having the exact same problem with the 24 that you had with the 23,  you probably copied the problems over when you used smart switch to copy data over.

Factory reset might have fixed the 23. And unfortunately it's the best advice to set your s24 ultra 

See what happens if you run the phone in safe mode.  If running it in safe mode eliminates all the buggy stuff you've experienced, then it's something that you put on the phone.

As far as warranty replacement, you are within your rights to go directly to Samsung for repair or replacement. Since this is a brand new phone, they're not going to have any refurbished phones 

13 Messages

4 months ago

Thanks all and yep, I've done all of the above. I restart my phone every morning as well. As for the network, it happens whether I'm on my network, outside of my network so 4g or 5g, and when using the network of others. I've not installed anything new on the 24 Ultra but believe that whatever the 23 Ultra had has been copied to the 24 Ultra although when I got the 23 Ultra, I used Smart Switch to copy from my 9+, which had no issues, to the 23 Ultra so essentially, my 9+, 23 Ultra, and now 24 Ultra all have the same apps etc. I'll call AT&T today before factory resetting.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

4 months ago

And talk to Samsung. It's their phone not AT&T's

While it is far less convenient, I always recommend going directly through the manufacturer for warranty

Community Support

• 

232.8K Messages

4 months ago

Hello @Wandamares, we hear you and want to help you with your device issue.

In response to your inquiry I wanted to inform you that you can try some troubleshooting steps to improve your phone’s performance and resolve some of the issues. Here are some of them:

• Restart your phone. Sometimes, a simple reboot can fix many problems and clear the cache and memory. You can restart your phone by pressing and holding the power button and then tapping Restart.
  • Update your phone’s software. Make sure that your phone is running the latest version of Android and One UI. You can check for updates by going to Settings > Software update > Download and install.
  • Clear the app cache and data. Some apps may cause problems if they are not updated or have corrupted data. You can clear the app cache and data by going to Settings > Apps > Select the app > Storage > Clear cache and Clear data.
  • Reset the network settings. Some network issues may affect your phone’s ability to send and receive texts, calls, and data. You can reset the network settings by going to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings.
  • Perform a factory reset. If none of the above steps work, you may need to perform a factory reset to erase all the data and settings on your phone and restore it to its original state. This may fix some of the software issues, but it will also delete all your personal files and apps, so make sure you back up your data before doing this. You can perform a factory reset by going to Settings > General management > Reset > Factory data reset.

I hope this helps you fix some of the issues with your Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra.

Thank you,
Jessica D, AT&T community specalist.

13 Messages

4 months ago

OK, spoke to AT&T and after having remoted into my phone, they saw first hand all of the wackiness.  So I backed up everything, did a factory reset, and used Smart Switch to copy from my 23 Ultra but this time, I chose "custom" and selected everything but "settings".  The 24 Ultra seems to be working thus far but now the tedious task of fine tooth combing thru all of the settings to make them to my liking.  If it goes haywire again, I was given the number to Samsung to see about getting a new phone as it's warrantied. Thanks to all who have replied!

13 Messages

4 months ago

OK, so it was too good to be true. I factory reset the 24 Ultra on Friday, 2.16, and used Smart Switch to copy things over. I selected "custom" and chose everything except "settings". After it was done, things worked as intended, however, by Sunday, 2.18, at exactly 1:32 PM EST, it all went downhill again. Same issues persist. Today, 2.19, after speaking to both AT&T and Samsung, it was determined that they'll be sending me a new phone (AT&T said it'll be coming from Samsung but only the phone is being sent which means it's refurbished which really (Edited per community guidelines) 1. this phone was released less than four weeks ago. How are there already refurbished models??  2. This phone costs way too much to have so many issues and to get it replaced with a refurbished model.  With the refurbished model they want me to restore from the cloud or manually install content in lieu of using Smart Switch.  But get this, the three technicians that I spoke with today told me that THEY'VE BEEN GETTING CALLS FROM CUSTOMERS WITH THE SAME ISSUES and they think it's a manufacturing problem.  So how is the refurbished phone going to help if it's a manufacturing issue??  Will someone let Samsung know??

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

4 months ago

Because they're sending you a phone that's already been tested...

13 Messages

4 months ago

Fingers crossed!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.