For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Joeisannoyed's profile

9 Messages

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 1:41 AM

S22 Ultra no network connection (waiting on repair)

I experienced the same issue with my S22 Ultra, out of nowhere on Thursday February 8th. My wife has the same phone, on this network and does not have any issues. On Monday Feb 12, I went to the ATT store; they replaced 2 sim cards and finally used an ESIM. The phone worked while in the store. Later that night I again had no network connection. On Tuesday Feb 13, I went to the same ATT store. They reset the network settings, which I had done several times. They thought the 5G antenna was bad. I took it to a local repair shop. They did not thing it was the antenna because at times it would have connections to the network. The phone worked while in the store. Later that night I again had no network connection. I could use WIFI, but was unable to send or receive texts, calls, or access the internet or use apps. I had connections off and on. On Saturday Feb 17, I went to another ATT store. They reset my network through their computer system, The phone worked normal for several hours, then again, I had no connection. Tuesday Feb 20, I again went to the ATT store, they still had no solution, as I had tried all of the troubleshooting, including a factory reset. I then took it a local repair shop. I explained to him how the ATT store thought it was the 5G antenna. He again didn't think that was the issue. After diagnosing and looking into the matter, he determined that there was not an issue with the antenna. He called my wife's phone and said after some research and calls to other repair associates, that they came to the conclusion that the chip was bad on the motherboard, it cost $200, which it less than I own on this phone and way cheaper than a new one. As of now, I am waiting for the repair and to find out the results.

Accepted Solution

9 Messages

2 months ago

UPDATE Friday February 23rd. PHONE IS FIXED! As it turns out, it was not the chip after all. Through more research, the repairman discovered that the issue was the charging port. I had no issues with the phone charging, either at home with the super-fast charger, or in the car while connected to Android Auto. The final cost for the repair was $120.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

2 months ago

Samsung is responsible for bad chips.

You all need to get together on Reddit and hold Samsung responsible for this one.

You'll notice I have avoided using certain words and phrases because they would be blocked out on this forum

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

2 months ago

@Joeisannoyed 

I hate to be the killjoy because I'm sure you're thrilled to have your phone working again?

But if the charging port doesn't work the phone wouldn't charge via cable it would still charge wirelessly - possibly.

But it would in no way have any effect whatsoever on the phone connecting to the network. So I'm glad your phone is fixed, but they must have fixed something else other than just the charging port?  

This just makes no logical sense 🤷🏼‍♀️

1 Message

11 days ago

I've been having this same issues for MONTHS and the only thing I keep getting from both Samsung AND ATT is that I need to go through my insurance to get a replacement phone. That would cost me about $300 dollars that I don't have SMH. Especially don't want to pay for that considering I didn't damage the phone or drop it or anything. It all just started not getting signal when I did one of their updates. 

That being said, I don't believe it could be attributed to the charging port? That makes no logical sense. it has nothing to do with the reception/signal. What else did the repair shop do to your phone?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.