Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
J

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 5:46 PM

Closed

Phone Malfunction?

In the past month, my cell phone has started randomly shutting down at times for no reason. Sometimes it barely happens in a week, sometimes it happens several times a day, and whenever it does happen it takes multiple tries to get it to come back on without it just immediately turning off again. I have no idea what the problem is, and it's extremely annoying. (I don't know if this information is relevant to the problem, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+, that until now has worked perfectly fine since I got it in May 2019 to replace my original phone of the same kind that broke.)

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

sounds like a new phone is in order again

• 

3 Messages

11 days ago

I purchased a samsung S24 on September 2023. It has never worked correctly and only gotten worse. I've been in the AT&T store numerous times but nobody can fix it. They advised me to take phone to a samsung dealer for diagnostic purposes.  Still the problem remains. I have a little over $800 left to pay off phone which I believe is not fair to pay on a phone that never worked properly. I want to go back using my IPhone I had prior to the samsung and any money due on the samsung needs to be written off! Im 65 years old and just broke my hip. I live alone so was trying to call my sister for help and the phone would not call her number. I've had ongoing issues with this phone

I live alone and have had numerous moments where I couldn't even call for assistance. With this last incident I've decided to reach out to the BBB and my congressman. I'm tired of AT&T pushing me off from one person to another. It took 20 minutes of restarting and turning phone on and off just to call and get help. I hate to think, had it been a more serious health situation where every second counted, I could of died just because the phone was not working properly. I have multiple witnesses that can verify every situation I've been through with this phone and the dangers this phone has caused me!

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

11 days ago

AT&T doesn’t repair or provide warranty service for phones.  If you have insurance, you may be able to get a repair/replacement through Asurion.  But, otherwise the remedy path is the Manufacturer’s warranty.  If you’ve had a problem with your Samsung since October 2023, you should have been taking it up with Samsung for a while.  AT&T isn’t an alternative path that you can use because Samsung isn’t helping you.  It’s Samsung phone, and it’s their responsibility to honor the warranty on their product.

This is a 4 year old thread and will be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.