Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
altriox's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 3:29 PM

Note 4 compatible software update for Gear VR

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Gear VR to work with my Note 4. The Note 4 requires an update in order to work with the Gear VR. When I go to update the Note 4, it simply says my device is up to date, and other times it will say that the software update is interrupted. I know the update I need is N910AUCU1BNK3. I've contacted both AT&T and Samsung on the matter multiple times. I've even replaced the phone. Usually AT&T tech support will tell me there is no updates, or go call Samsung. Samsung either forward me to Oculus, send the device to them to be update (2 weeks return time), or take the phone to Samsung Experience at a local best buy. The nearest local best buy is 2 hours away, and I don't have anyway to get there, and being without a phone for 2 weeks is not a solution. I've tried Kies, but it says my phone is running the latest firmware.

It has been a very frustrating experience, considering I bought two devices from AT&T that is suppose to be compatible with each other, but won't work because I can't get an update.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Ambassador

• 

518 Messages

9 years ago

Hi @altriox, 

Thanks, for reaching out. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.  We are happy to help. It seems like there is a software update available for your device. It is only available via an over the air update.  In order to initiate the process you will need to do it over WIFI. You do not have access to WIFI then you can locate an ATT hotspot with this tool. Here is the link: http://soc.att.com/1unTsZ7. ^Jake  

Samsung Support

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 years ago

What software version are you running?
Have you downloaded oculus software?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm currently running Android version 4.4.4 Baseband version N910AUCU1ANIE. When I  go to run the VR Setup Wizard, it tells me an update is required and opens up the check software updates. Software update says there is no new updates for my phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

att knowledge base says you should have an update.

http://www.att.com/esupport/softwareUpdateArticle.jsp?sid=KB425932&cv=820

If you cant get it to update your only choice is to got a best buy or goto a att device support center.

You could also try a factory reset.  You will lose all data if you do this.  It might reset what the problem is.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 years ago

Frustrating. You do have the correct version for AT&TA, but not updated yet.

Here is the scoop as near as I can tell with the dribbles of information....
The update started rolling out in December, and immediately some bugs popped up. They haven't been fixed yet, which is holding up the rest of the updates. The bugs are minor and may not effect you (reported: call forwarding function buried).
I assume you asked tech support to open a case for you on the update? If not, do so. I got an overdue update the next morning.
I did successfully get another overdue update, last year on my Note 3 by taking it to Best Buy, They did the update by USB. I would expect AT&T to be able to do the same update for you.

You would think the dopes at Samsung would have done more testing before introducing a device, without viable software. The gear VR will not work with all versions of the Note 4 because this update is not available for all note 4 phones ( international version and sprint have no update pending)

I will keep eyes open.....
Let us know if the update comes through.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

I picked up a tmobile note 4.  Nice phone I get full LTE support.  

I am interested to see how long it takes for this call forwarding fiasco to get fixed. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Im having exact same issue.Where can I get this update? Can I get the link? I don't think I need the hot spot link posted since I get a good wifI signal unless I'm misunderstanding something else here?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 years ago

If you can't get the update OTA, try a Best Buy.  The Samsung desk at Best Buy is a big help and can do updates.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.