Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
MarcOnion's profile

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 31st, 2023 8:29 PM

MCK Code

​Hello,​

​I am switching from RedPocket Mobile to Specturm Mobile, and my phone is asking me for an MCK code. I bought the phone from someone who was on ATT, and when I first bought it from him I had it unlocked. I have called ATT, RedPocket, Samsung, and Spectrum and they all tell me that they can't help. RedPocket, Samsung, and Spectrum all say I have to talk to ATT and ATT has no idea what I am talking about.​

​ ​ ​ ​

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

1 year ago

You're not going to get that information from AT&T. 

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

The only reason for needing the MCK code is because an invalid unlock code was entered too many times and the phone is permanently locked, meaning when you first bought it, you probably didn’t actually get it unlocked. Since Red Pocket uses ATT’s network, you likely never noticed. In any event, the MCK code comes from the manufacturer but as you’ve found, they won’t provide it to you. They will provide it to ATT, though. Whether or not ATT will request the code from Samsung is the issue and obviously, not being able to find an ATT support person who even knows what the MCK code is just makes it more difficult. Your best chance to get ATT to request the code from Samsung is to escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. No guarantee that will work, though, since you aren’t the original owner of the phone. ATT is under no obligation to help.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I just got off the phone with a Supervisor at ATT, and they said they put in a request for the MCK code, and I will be getting it in an email by 4-6-2023, although when I called yesterday, they said the same thing and I received an email that said they were unable to process my request. I have also filed an FCC complaint just in case I don't get the code. Thank you very much for the information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.