Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
fbi4n6dog's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 24th, 2016 2:11 AM

I think I'm being sent the wrong SIM card HELP

Greetings!

I recently moved from the St. Louis area to northern Arkansas where my normal carrier (Verizon) has NO towers so therefore, my Samsung Galaxy S6 is basically a brick.  I am supposing that because I will be using my phone as a "go phone" I am considered by AT&T to be a second-class citizen that does not deserve email or chat support.  If I had a phone that worked, I would GLADLY call, however that is NOT an option for me at this point in time.  I paid over $600 to buy out my contract with Verizon, knowing in advance that it would not work down here (due to major health problems I have been forced to live with my parents to be taken care of).  Unfortunately, due to some pretty severe fraud against my credit (I'm a newly retired FBI agent and my work email was hacked) AT&T believes that I have in the past (like 7 years ago) had an account with them, leaving a balance of over $400 which being on disability I cannot pay so I was forced to go with the "go phone" option, and even THAT was very very hard to accomplish.  Thank you Virgil!!  Anyway, when I spoke with Virgil, I gave him my IMEI number from my Samsung S6 so that a SIM card could be sent to me.  However, when I received the confirmation email, it says "vaious SIM for LG G2, G3, G4..".   I know that my phone takes a nano SIM card.  Will this new SIM card work for my phone?  If not, what do I do?  I am almost 1.5 hours away from the nearest authorized AT&T agent so if I have to return it, this is going to cost me more than the SIM card itself!  Does anyone know?  I would LOVE to have a "normal" account with AT&T and they even admit that this is most likely a fraudulent case since the addresss nor name doesn't even match up, however they still want their $400+.  Any ideas there?  The other issue is that I would like to go back to my Note 5 because I DO NOT like this S6 but don't have the $800 or so to pay for one.  Any ideas there?

I will say that I DO NOT like being treated like a second-class citizen just because I am being FORCED to go with this go phone account.  I cannot even create a log-in through AT&T because of it.  This is WRONG on more levels than I can count!

If anyone can answer any of my questions, please feel free to contact me at: [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Thank you in advance,

Kelly H

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

That's a really long story to find out if you have the right size SIM card coming. Sorry about your issues.

Is that word supposed to be "various"?

Have you seen cards like this?

http://telecomtalk.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tata-docomo-wow-sim.png

You just pop it out and use the size that you need for your phone.  

Not sure if AT&T does them in nano size like that one.

But I have seen ones like these 

at-t-nano-cut-sim-card-3g-4g-sku-6006a-go-phone-ready-to-activate-at-t-prepaid-a526912b1a3b778cf9527617e7aae985-2.jpg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Greetings,

Thank you for responding.  I viewed the picture you sent me, however I cannot tell if the smallest "pop-out" is a nano or not, which is what my phone takes.

And yes, I know it's a long story, I just added that because I cannot get in touch with AT&T to tell them how very "upset" (to say the least) that I am about having no other way to contact them other than either blog or phone, and not having a phone until they send me the correct SIM is very very frustrating.  Especially since I have a history of heart attacks and asthma attacks and more doctors than one can shake a fist at, which I cannot get in touch with.

Thank you for your help.  

Kelly Horne

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

8 years ago

It is.  Just pop and you should have basic service.   You may need to program APN settings.

holler if you don't have talk text and data at 3G/HSPA speeds.

PHones.....  I buy full price phones from eBay.  Paid $160 for a mint note 3.  You can also sell your current phone.   

Best Buy has unlocked NON carrier phones for $200-$400 (new, no contract prices of course)

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Greetings,

I really appreciate your time in answering my questions!  And I am sorry that I posted my personal email address.  I didn't know.  This is my first time here.  

I'm sorry to ask another question,but what did you mean by "APN"?

I just moved here (AR) from the St. Louis area and just want to be able to text, send pictures, and make my several phone calls to find new doctors down here.  

Thanks!

Kelly Horne

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.