Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Joschex's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 20th, 2018 4:02 AM

HELP!! Hacker installed AT&T Wifi Passpoint on Android!!

Can SOMEONE PLEASE help me?! Apparently, no one at AT&T (at least not on toll free numbers specifically designed for customer service and technical support), can figure this out. I won't even go into my hacking nightmare that is going on right now ... which AT&T cannot  figure out and neither can Uverse! Right now, because it's associated with my hacker, how can I uninstall AT&T Wi-Fi Passpoint from my Samsung Note 5? He installed it and I cannot get it off ... it doesn't matter if I've done a factory reset, I have tried just taking it off, disabling it .. it stays! He entered it using "credentials" and therefore, I can't remove it! He is using it and is going straight into all of my accounts online in my phone, has attached himself remotely as a LAN ... YES. LAN-Ethernet connection in my home, attacked home computer ...  thats just maybe 5% of the nightmare. I need to get ATT WIFI PASSPOINT off of my phone so if someone can please help me, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Sounds like it was installed with an update, not a hacker. If you did a factory reset it literally removes everything not in the software on the phone. 99.99% of people claiming they have a hacker on here just have a misunderstanding of their technology 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Joschex

If you have a hacking issue that persists after factory reset, it’s most likely your google account.  Add 2 step authorization.  https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en

I agree with @Anonymous.    Passpoint was installed during an update and is not why you have a problem.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

Whatever is going on, it’s not the passpoint. The passpoint setting allows your phone to automatically connect to ATT WiFi hotspots without having to sign in. It does not allow a hacker access to your phone or home network.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.