For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
DMcB24's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, January 31st, 2015 1:14 PM

Galaxy S4 no sound during phone calls

Hi,

I've owned my Galaxy S4 and used on the AT&T network for the past 1.5 years. Just 3 days ago, my phone just decided to not provide any sound whatsoever from the caller end or receiver end on both inbound and outbound phone calls. I've read several Web forums dated within the past year on the issue. I've tried turning off OK Google, running the phone on safe mode, using 3rd party Dialer apps, and nothing has come close to working.

I do not want to have to restore to factory settings, especially since this option has been far from a guarantee of working from what I've read online.

Are there any other options for me to consider? Has AT&T reached out to Samsung to find a solution? It's beyond reason how this issue has clearly been known to exist for so long and neither company has a clear explanation as to why this happens (I've read multiple suggested causes) and a full list of options a customer can take to resolve the matter.

This is driving me completely insane.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same problem here. Samsung Galaxy s4. Started after I received Android update v4.4.4

I've turned off Bluetooth. I disabled Google Voice. Still no voice on outgoing phone calls.

I've done all the suggestions.

1. Turned off Bluetooth

2. Placed headphones into auxillary port and tried to see if a sensor was stuck (which makes no sense since all other audio options work on the phone)

3. Removed battery. Left it out of the device for 10 minutes - This solution did seem to work, but only for the first call. After that, back to the problem of having no sound during phone calls.

As a last ditch effort, I reset my device to factory default settings. This fixed my phone for two weeks. But now it is back. My assumption is that one of the apps installed updated and is causing the issue, but I do not know how to isolate which app.

Frustrating that so many are reporting the issue, but ATT doesn't roll out v5 (Lollipop) or address the issue. It is clearly a defect with the update pushed with so many reporting the same problem.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

9 years ago

Hmmmm .... this is not good reading. 

Yesterday there was a area outage in and around Austin, TX. All I know is I've started having the same symptoms ever since. I don't know if the issue was present leading up to that point or if that was the trigger. When I make a call, I get the brief 3-tones but total silence beyond that. I can't hear the other end and the other end can't hear me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have the same problem. It started on the HTC One M7. I thought it was the phone so I decided I would just upgrade. I got the galaxy s6. I tested the phone when I got it and it worked, but now a couple of dad later if is having the same problem...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

My phone has no audio or video capabilities at all whatsoever. No call audio. No video audio. Nothing. I've factory reset and flashed different ROMs. No effect at all

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

MY SISTER HAD THE SAME PROBLEM SHE TRIED EVERYTHING  NOTHING WORKED THEN MY SON TOOK BOTH HER SD CARD AND HER SIM CARD OUT OF  THE SLOTS AND BLEW AIR INTO BOTH SLOTS THEN PUT THE CARDS BACK IN AND A MIRACLE HER PHONE WORKS WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT SOMETHĪNG SO SIMPLE.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I was just about to replace my motherboard on my phone when I found a fix. I tried the first steps before I stumbled across this:

1. Pulled battery 15 min and restarted
2. Ran phone in safe mode
3. Had network operator resynch my phone with network which oddly worked for about 20 minutes
4. Factory reset
5. Took phone to two different stores and they told me that it was the motherboard and it was a common problem with samsung and it would be $150 to fix
6. Replaced sim card
7. Cleared earphone jack
But I stumbled across a fix. A rental car I was using had Bluetooth phone capability. I hooked my phone up to the Bluetooth and was able to make calls and hear them and receive calls and hear and talk. Hearing and being able to be heard are the keys.

So this is what was messing up my phone. Google! Go to google, settings, voice, "OK google detection", and make sure all the setting are off and reboot the phone.

This took me a month to figure out and I was about to switch to apple. I can't figure out why google suddenly started affecting my s4 but that's what fixed it.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.