Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
Phoneguy622's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, May 26th, 2017 8:40 PM

Apps usage - a few questions need answers

If someone deletes an app is there any record of it ever having been used on an ATT samsung s7 phone is there any way to retrieve the app usage record IF it was deleted ?

Can someone delete outgoing call logs - is there any way to get rid of the call log completely including changing numbers or sim cards ?

I m getting harrassing calls and am almost positive who is doing it

the person has an att s7 Samsung phone he calls my land line ( a Magic Jack )  and uses *67 and it comes up Unavailable on the phone caller ID but his actual number comes up in the MJ calls log

I have spoken with Magic Jack and was told because att and magic jack do not use the same system that is want happens. The calls show as Unavailable on caller ID but the actual number is captured in the MJ call log 

But they could not tell me if the calls are masked or an app is used to make the calls.

I get calls all day and night - 255 since 2nd week in march

Stymied florida

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

Phoneguy622 wrote:

If someone deletes an app is there any record of it ever having been used on an ATT samsung s7 phone is there any way to retrieve the app usage record IF it was deleted ?

No.  

Can someone delete outgoing call logs - is there any way to get rid of the call log completely including changing numbers or sim cards ?

NO

I m getting harrassing calls and am almost positive who is doing it

the person has an att s7 Samsung phone he calls my land line ( a Magic Jack )  and uses *67 and it comes up Unavailable on the phone caller ID but his actual number comes up in the MJ calls log

I have spoken with Magic Jack and was told because att and magic jack do not use the same system that is want happens. The calls show as Unavailable on caller ID but the actual number is captured in the MJ call log 

But they could not tell me if the calls are masked or an app is used to make the calls.

I get calls all day and night - 255 since 2nd week in march

Stymied florida

You can change your number.  Unfortunately it's the only remedy unless you go to the police with the call records (good idea)

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Maybe my question was not clear I am considering getting the subpoena you mentioned but need to know it the data can be removed 

I have confronted the suspected culprit he denies it - won't let him see his phone and if he can delete the apps used and call log it will be fruitless 

As I am sure he has done that by now

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

He can delete the apps and call logs from his phone but if the calls are placed through a carrier and not some third party voip app, he can not delete the carrier's call logs. Those, obviously, would need a court order.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.