For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
longhorndkr's profile

3 Messages

Monday, February 5th, 2024 8:16 PM

Anyone receiving Strange GET?c=ATTV texts on their phone?

Is anyone else getting strange "GET?c=ATTV:SM-998U1/14:4...." texts on their phone lately?  It is coming in from 94183567 currently but the number appears to change.  I am getting this about once a day now on my Samsung Galaxy S21. .  .

That GET looks very suspicious to me but running a virus scan hasn't found anything.  Anyone have any idea how to stop this from coming in to my texts? I'm using the standard Messages app that comes with a Galaxy but don't see an option to prevent texts unlike emails or phone calls??

Thanks!  

3 Messages

3 months ago

UPDATE:  Looks like they changed the settings for me in latest updates as I was able to find "Block" under the 3 dots only after hard selecting and putting checkmark beside thread (kinda hidden a layer down now).  

BUT I would like to know if anyone else is receiving these and what might be the root cause?  Is someone trying to pull data from my phone with that HTML GET call?  It was actually happening several times a day--if the number is changing, any ideas how to stop these from coming?

Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

3 months ago

They're probably scam/spam/phish attempts. The source is either spoofed or changes constantly so there is no way to effectively block them. Just ignore and delete.

1 Message

13 days ago

I think you need to look at it again... These messages(because my phone has done it as well) aren't coming in, they're going out! Which concerns me even more! Why in the world are our phones sending weird messages to an odd number?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.