Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
H

• 

12 Messages

Sunday, May 24th, 2020 1:52 PM

Suspending prepaid for traveling abroad

Hello,

I have $25/mo prepaid plan that expires on aug 29. I left the US for 90 days and I want to know how can I suspend it for the duration of my travel. My plan required me to pay the first 12 months upfront, stating that, I case I leave the country, I can save 90 days by suspending it and use them after aug 29.

thanks in advance

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

4 years ago

If you are not in the United States, you have already effectively suspended your service. Suspension does not stop auto refills all it does is prevent your service from working. Since prepaid does not work in most places out of the United States you've already done that.

+1.408.962.1025

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

@lizdance40 OP has the $300 8GB plan prepaid for 12 months. No need to switch to a pay per use plan until that 12 months is used.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

No, you can’t suspend your plan and save the unused portion of that prepaid 12 months for later. Your plan will continue to renew until it expires in August. At that point if you don’t renew, you then have another 60 days until your account is closed. If you believe you will be back by late October, just renew your plan when you return. Otherwise, you will need to switch to the pay per use plan and refill as suggested above to keep your account open.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

I totally missed that this morning. maybe i should take up coffee

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.