Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Gary L's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

Tuesday, August 6th, 2019 12:54 AM

PREPAID 8GB Plan $25 a MONTH when you prepay AT&T FOR A YEAR ($300 for year)

AT&T PREPAIDSM 8GB Promo Plan  when you prepay for a year
Limited time offer ends 10/21/2019.

IMPORTANT: From comment #2, it looks like you might need a new line or at least a new sim? The fine print says nothing about this restrictiion.

https://www.att.com/buy/wireless/prepaid/select-plans

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

I bought this plan online with my AMX card and ported my number in from Visible, owned by Verizon.  I got the SIM card a couple of days later and I couldn't activate it.  I went to my local AT&T store and spent over 2 hours there while the Rep was trying to get my number ported in.  Once that finally happened, my phone was not working and said it could take up to a couple of hours.  All though I used my AMX for the initial purchase, the $305 had not been deducted from my account.  After several hours, my phone was still not working so I called. They confirmed they didn't have the payment on their end.  I gave them my AMX number again and it didn't go through but I did get an email from AMX about a fraud alert for that amount.  I simply used another cc and everything went through and phone was officially activated (3+ hours cumulative).  For the most part, other than what I have already mentioned and some log in problem(s), it's been good thus far.  For $25 a month it's a really good deal.  I was both BYOD, New Customer, and I ported in a line in.

Hope this helps.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

You could report it to the BBB.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I believe Maryland is 410. 401 is Rhode Island, which is actually the area code I need. I was not trying to port a number. I inserted the SIM but it said I had not made a payment. On a computer I logged into att.com/myprepaid with the phone number given and "forgot password" so that it would text me a new password. Then I used that password to log in. The web site said I was on the promo plan but had not paid. Although I did pay during check-out, my card was only charged for the SIM and not for the plan. So I made a payment for the plan on the web site, and it says I am all set. My phone's data connection started working and calls didn't work right away but seem OK now. 

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Can I buy this if I am already a ATT prepaid customer? Would I lose my number?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

4 years ago

@ya332

No.  You have to order online as a non customer.

You have to Port your number out then in again. No minimum required. 

After you get sim and activate, call AT&T with your order number to activate plan. 

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

Is it possible to activate this 12 month plan with an activation code like Enter *123*, your ZIP Code*, the 2-digit plan code, then # on your phone’s keypad? What is it's plan code #?

The same question is about 6 and 3 multi-month offers?
I'm going to activate my sim at airport arrival and I'd like to be with the service from the time of landing.
Thank you

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

4 years ago

No, you need your order number when you order as a new customer, online, just like required.  
  You can port out and tyen back in, or just take a new number.

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

I'll go for a new number because I'm outside US.
Thanks for the reply

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Is the process easier now? I just want to buy this plan as a new customer with BYOD. But if it's as big of a nightmare as I've read here, then I'm not sure..

Is it possible to just go to a store and have them do it for you? Don't mind paying a bit extra

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.