Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Y

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 4th, 2020 8:42 AM

Is there no way to manage a phone plan from abroad?

I am currently located abroad for the next few months, and I want to put my phone plan on pause. AT&T does not allow me to log in to my account from outside the US and tells me to call a specific number. However, since I am located abroad, I cannot call this number either. I have tried contacting them through different ways and nobody has been able to tell me how I can cancel or pause my phone plan. I do not have a contract or any sort of commitment so I am allowed to cancel or pause my plan, my only issue is that there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel my plan. Has anyone gone through a similar problem and was able to get it sorted?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

If you have all the correct login information you may be able to access using a United States VPN. Other than that you will have to call.

+1.408.962.1025

You cannot suspend or pause AT&T prepaid in the way that you might be thinking. What you should have done is before you left the United States you should have put yourself on one of the pay-per-use plans and refilled with $100 one-time refill. This holds your account open without charges (because you aren't using service) for 365 days.  When you return to the United States those funds can be used to pay for monthly service again.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

The way to cancel is to simply stop paying. If you have autopay, your options to stop autopay without account access are to call or cancel the card used for autopay. If you just stop paying, your account will close after 60 days and you lose your number. If you want to keep your account open and keep your number, do as detailed above.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.