Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
tom_swiss's profile

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, May 13th, 2023 12:45 AM

Domestic roaming with prepaid service?

I currently have service with an AT&T reseller. Reseller plans, of course, don't include roaming.

The problem is that I spend some time in an rural area in West Virginia were AT&T service drops out. (Even though AT&T lies and claims 4G coverage there on its map, and I used to get 3G coverage there before all the carriers decided to make their service worse.)

There is US Cellular coverage in the area. Would a AT&T prepaid plan include data roaming to US Cellular? Not going to be watching lots of video or anything, just need to be able to check e-mail, etc. Thank you for any information.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

1 year ago

Prepaid does not have domestic roaming.  Coverage maps are always general, but it's clear, no domestic partners 

ACE - Scholar

• 

987 Messages

1 year ago

@tom_swiss Looking at the ATT Prepaid coverage map it shows NO roaming coverage in WV.  SO no for US Cellular.  The domestic roaming on ATT Prepaid is very limited.  The map shows some in NE Iowa, for instance.  You have to zoom in and look for the partner coverage green.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I didn't realize there was a separate "prepaid" coverage map. Thanks for pointing that out, definitely clarifies the issue.

Well, looks like it makes more sense for me to keep my inexpensive AT&T reseller plan and get a whole other line with US Cellular with a used phone off eBay, than to move to even the least expensive AT&T plan that would include roaming. It's an absurd market. Thanks for the information @kevink and @formerlyknownas 

ACE - Scholar

• 

987 Messages

1 year ago

An issue with att postpaid roaming is there are different kinds. The worst one is severely limited in data roaming. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.