Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
DonnyGuy's profile

• 

31 Messages

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 7:59 PM

AT&T Video Management Feature (formerly Stream Saver) on all packages now?

Hi there,

Does anyone know if AT&T have now removed the ability to remove Video Management Feature / Stream Saver from all packages now. It disappeared from the $65 package so I moved to the $75 package to keep it. Now it appears to have disappeared from there (the ability to switch it off / on via the Feature Settings menu. 

Does anyone know if this is a glitch or if its now mandatory switched on on this package too with no ability to remove it.

Accepted Solution

• 

31 Messages

9 days ago

Just to close this one off. 

I decided to try changing to the $65 package (as I figured if I had lost HD video then I may as well). When I changed, the option to remove it re-appeared in the menu. So I switched back to the $75 package and it was also still there. I was able to remove it so we’re all good now. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

14 days ago

When you say "$65 package" and "$75 package" which packages do you mean?  AT&T quotes with the autopay discount and multi-line discounts, which makes it hard to know what specific package you're speaking of.

The Video Management support page says "In most cases, if your plan includes HD or 4K UHD, you can stream in SD by keeping the setting on. "

AT&T Unlimited Premium® PL says "4K UHD streaming available", but AT&T Unlimited Extra® EL says "Standard streaming available" (both of these plans are currently showing up as $75.99 for one line on the ordering page for me).  That may answer your question.  It's also possible that they've tweaked this a bit with the advent of AT&T turbo and that not all of their documentation has caught up with that.

• 

31 Messages

13 days ago

Thanks for the reply @JefferMC , it’s appreciated.

So this is for prepaid service. I was happily on a $65 a month package until last fall when I had some problems and the guys in a store changed my package to see if it would fix them. However when they changed the package, I lost the Video Management feature meaning my videos buffered. 

I then moved to the $75 package below as that had Video Management as an option I could de-activate so I was happy. However I’m now notificing that option is no longer there (to manage it). The same way it isn’t there on the other packages where the throttling is on by default and it cannot be removed.

I just wondered if it’s a glitch or if the ability to remove video management throttling has been removed from all prepaid plans. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

13 days ago

The thing will not show me a $75 plan.  All of the ones I see have the text "Standard-definition streaming" on them.  If your plan says that, you will not have the ability to turn on HD streaming. Your plan should say "4K UHD streaming available" or at least "HD streaming available" to be able to turn that on.

I do need to pay more attention to which wireless thread forum things are posted on.  :-)  PREPAID and Post Paid have quite different terms.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.