Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
C

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 2:11 PM

Closed

at&t prepaid plan 25 cents a minute

is the at&t  prepaid plan 25 cents a minute being discontinued or replaced?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

No, not that anyone here has heard. What makes you think that? If it’s because it seems to have disappeared from the prepaid plan page, the $2 daily plan has too but both are still available. In fact ATT recently changed their terms of service making a $25 minimum to activate a pay per use plan. I don’t think such a change would have been made if they were discontinuing those plans.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks.  It was my mistake.  I'm currently on the prepaid 25 cents a minute plan.  I had  just received an AT&T text message that said, "We are replacing pay-per-use-data with $2/100MB & $5/250MB add-ons starting June 2," and thought my plan was being discontinued in 2 weeks.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

That text means you will be able to purchase data on your plan, something you couldn’t do previously. It also means if you have a non smartphone, you won’t get charged automatically for data use.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

WHAT DOES  THE PLAN HAVE( UNLIMITED useage  ,in coming calls  charges  or limits on calls   the people in the store said they did not know  much about the plan as  they were told to sell phone and plans

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

3 years ago

@5#catfish

It is called a pay-per-use plan, because you pay for each usage.

The $0.25 per minute plan charges you $0.25 per minute for every phone call. It also charges you $0.25 for every text you send. Data is not included except as an add-on as described in the earlier post.

As with all prepaid, you must have a sufficient balance to pay for service.  

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Where can I buy the .25 cent min plan in Nevada? The Att stores do not have it.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

@cabogene You don’t buy it at a store. You can select that plan online after you have a number and a prepaid account.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

3 years ago

@cabogene  if using a smartphone, you must activate by selecting a plan with data.  After activation, and before you pay, you can select a pay per use plan.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am not seeing this plan online anymore. Has it been discontinued? 

ACE - Scholar

• 

987 Messages

2 years ago

It was discontinued back around January of this year.  Unless you had the plan active and kept it active you can't get it back.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.