Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
P

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021 1:40 AM

25 cents minute plan

My plan now is the25 dollars pre-paid plan (pre-paid a whole year 300 dollars). Could I change the plan to 25 cents minute plan? because I have paid 300 dollars for a year's plan, and I use it only a month. if I change it to 25 cents minute plan, will you return the 275 dollars to my account balance (actually I paid more than 300 dollars because of the tax, will you return the tax too?)

Another question is that If I get a text message. Will I need to pay the 25 cents fee? Because there are a lot of advertising text messages I think it is very unfair if I need to pay.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

3 years ago

No! 

Please do not make the mistake of changing your plan. You have paid $300 for 360 days worth of service. It's not $25 a month, that's just how it averages out. If you change your plan you lose $275 worth of service.

It states very clearly when you purchase the $300 plan that there are no refunds. No you are not going to get $275 back. I hope the service is working well for you and that you enjoy your 8 gigs of data every. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you very much!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

3 years ago

Very welcome! 

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

I'll add some explanation in general.  When you pay for a monthly or yearly as in the $300 plan, the money is spent.  If you change that plan, then you are buying a new plan starting that day (or next, not sure) and your old plan is canceled - whatever paid time remaining on that previous plan is lost.

It's different when you have a metered service, like pay by the minute or by the day.  In that case, you fund your account ($100 is almost always the best option for long expiration date) and that money is not spent until you use a day or a minute which deducts the cost of the day or minute only.    So that funding remaining is "unspent" and will be available to pay for a plan change until the amount expires.  Any funding in your account will have an expiration date - 30, 90 or 365 days later depending on the amount.  

So, money paid for a length of time plan is spent.  Money funded into your account for a by the use plan will have the balance available for a plan change.  The wise move is to change OUT of any "length of time" plan at the very end of the period.   Changing out of a "by the use" plan will be economical anytime as the only timing factor is the deposit amount's expiration.  Don't wait until after a deposit expires to change to a monthly or yearly plan, do it anytime before.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.