Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
vbaker05's profile

1 Message

Monday, April 29th, 2024 2:51 AM

Unlock Device

I changed my service provider to T-mobile last week and was not aware that my SIM card was locked to ATT. I submitted my unlock request a week ago and it is still processing. Since I already cancelled my prepaid account, every time I call customer service to ask for help it tells me to connect a new SIM card. I have no service on my phone and am not able to use it. I do not need a new SIM card I just need my device unlocked. 

Employee

• 

13 Messages

18 days ago

Hey @vbaker05 

If your device is an android, check out the AT&T Device Unlock App (if the device was purchased from AT&T after June 8, 2019, this app should be pre-installed) on the Play Store. If you are using an iPhone, requests should be submitted to att.com/deviceunlock.

Also keep in mind there are a couple things required for a device to be eligible for unlocking with AT&T Prepaid:

1. Must have been active for 6 months on the AT&T Network
  2. Must not have been reported lost or stolen, or involved in fraud

If this doesn't work, you will need to reach out to support for a manual review.

Disclaimer: Though I am an employee (and customer ;) of AT&T, my responses and posts are on a purely volunteer basis and in no way represent AT&T in an official capacity. For high level support, you will need to reach out to support at att.com/support or 800.331.0500 (Wireless) or 800.288.2020 (UVerse, DTV, Home Internet, Home Phone). Please do not send me personal information (Name, Address, Acct. #, etc.)Thanks for your understanding and patience ;)

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.