Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
shanec0271's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, November 11th, 2019 3:10 PM

Closed

Sent trade-in phone to the return location by mistake

I just bought a new device and mistakenly assumed the return label that came included was for sending my old device for trade in. Several days later I received the package for sending the trade-in. Is there any way I can get my old device back or maybe get it re-routed to the correct place for trade-ins?

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Just be kind and calm when explaining the situation with your customer service rep.  Urge them to inquire to their supervisor if there is anything they can do to assist.  You may have to call back more than once depending on who your reach.

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Same thing happend to me I received my new phones with no instructions on what to do with my old phones. So I assumed do the right thing and send my old phone in. And at&t has been giving me the run around since.

I would be interested in filing a civil suit against at&t if you guys want to join the case send me your information to [email scrubbed].

This is not right! Are phones are somewhere in there returns warehouse!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm dealing with this situation as well. Why would you send the new phone and the trade-in program information separately? I've spoken with numerous agents and every answer is different. The last agent told me that the device had been received and to expect my credit within 1-2 billing cycles. I still emailed the trade-in support for verification because the returns department is in Texas and the trade-in program is in Tennessee. I will update once I get a final answer. 

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Exact same problem here. Returned my old phone using the return label that shipped with my new iPhone 12. Looking through the forums, it looks like this has happened to many, many customers without any resolution. I wonder who is ending up with all of the old phones. Some warehouse somewhere must be inundated with them.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I did the same - contacted customer service, have not heard back. Very, very bad process resulting in bad customer experience. Hopefully I hear something. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.