For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
2213ana's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 6:11 PM

Need to speak to customer service manager asap

Last time I got an upgrade from att was December 2014 I believe and Att keeps telling me I can't get one til January 2018. I think what they did was use my insurance claim phone that I got as my upgrade which is not what I wanted! I would've waited it out if I knew they were doing that. Anyways I'm having a bad experience dealing with them on the phone and I need to speak to someone that knows what they are doing.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Insurance claims are done by Asurion and have no effect on upgrade status.   Did you possibly use the upgrade for a phone on another line?  You can check your online account.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Another line did not use my upgrade that's why I'm confused I've gone to the store and called multiple times but nobody can seem to help me.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

There are no 2 year contract upgrades any more. All phones are now full retail price. Upgrade simply means you can pay in installments but you can buy a new phone and pay up front at any time.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

But the OP is saying her line is in a contract Till 1/18.  Last upgrade 12/14.  If she used a contract the upgrade should have been available 1/16.  

@2213ana   Are there other lines on the account?   Have you asked what contract is on the line, for what phone?  If it is the 4 year old phone, then it will be apparent they screwed up.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

When you did an insurance claim, exactly how did you go about doing it?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

My insurance claim was through asurion att tild us thats who woukd do it for us we filled out all the paperwork they needed from us and paid the deductible.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Yes it is the 4 year phone but they can't give me a good reason why my upgrade isn't til Jan 2018.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.