For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Jmysray's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 18th, 2020 4:05 AM

Lgv30 unlocked phone and new at&t service

A couple of months ago I purchased an LG v30 off of eBay it was unlocked not rooted, I was using it with my Straight Talk plan worked just fine until effective 1-17-2020 my business required my phone to have an update in my operating system to access my work emails. I'm currently at 7.1.2 nougat .Straight Talk could got not give me any answers as to when or if the update to 8.0 Oreo would take place ,So I had to move service I figured, I had read online that AT&T had already done the 8.0 Oreo update so I switch to AT&T ,I've been on it for a day now and have not seen any updates notifications and have checked manually for updates via my phone. Has anyone had this issue or know if it will even update a phone that was not a originally an AT&T phone. I suppose worst case scenario I can always buy a new phone through AT&T, I was just trying to save money since I just bought one off of eBay.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

If you are behind with updates, they may not trigger. Call and speak with tech support. They will need your IMEI. They can usually trigger updates for you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.