Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
A

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 6:49 PM

How to send trade-in phone back to AT&T

I received my new phone (online order, never visited a stored) and now need to send back the old one to get trade-in credit.

Can I just use the prepaid return label that came with the new phone to send back the old one? This label seems to be for returning the new phone not for sending in the trade-in...

Or will I also receive an additional return box, prepaid label to send back the trade in?

Silly question I know and it should be obvious but I haven't been able to find meaningful information on the subject.

Thanks!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

The same issue is still occurring, I'm of the opinion that it is purposeful. Bordering on fraud honestly. They are making it intentionally difficult to do in hopes people won't bother. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I bought a new iPhone through apple using at&t trade in.  I received an empty box with a shipping label addressed to Humble, TX.  I assume that this is the box to be used for shipping the trade in but no one provided me with any instructions.  My concern is that I received an email from Apple stating that they received an empty return box from me.  I had not yet shipped the phone.  When I looked at the return label, the quote ID does not match the order number.  I am concerned with shipping the phone.  Why is that and what do I do?

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

If you can go to an apple store, do it. If not, use the box and send it back. Take pictures of everything, the phone front and back turned on and off, the serial number, IMEI. If you don't get the phone back within 30 days, AT&T will not honor the trade-in credit.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

On May 6th 2021 I purchased a new iphone with a trade in offer for my daughter in my AT&T account, the trade in offer was $700.00 credit to my account. Since may 6th 2021 I have received nothing buy the run-around and poor service from AT&T.

After several weeks went by I did not receive any materials to mail in the trade in. I used the link in the email I received from AT&T to request mailing materials, after doing this several times and completely wasting 2 months requesting mailing materials I went to the local AT&T store where we purchased the new iphone. After some review we realized AT&T was sending the trade-in mailing materials to the AT&T store…NOT MY HOME ADDRESS on my account. This is absolutely horrible, but then I realized it is part of a big scam AT&T runs so you can basically never get the trade-in credit because you can never get the mailing materials and you can only send in a trade-in with the AT&T mailing materials (because AT&T believes the entire world is incapable of mailing it in on their own).

Before I complain to EVERYONE, just send me the (Edited per community guidelines) mailing materials...is it really that hard to do????????

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

No it is most definitely not obvious. This is an absolutely ridiculous process. There is NO mention of receiving separate materials for shipping the old phone in the instructions, just to use what they provide to send it back. So of course I am going to ship it back with the label provided in the new phone's box? Here is the kicker, we traded-in my phone and my mom's. We both did the EXACT same thing. And we both never received these so called separate shipping materials in the mail they were supposed to provide. They received mine, but almost 3 months later have still not received my mom's. But when I call they say they never received mine, even though my account says they did? Makes zero sense. This is one of 100 things AT&T has done to screw us over. After this trade in is paid off we will be switching providers. It takes me a lot to get angry with customer service but this is absolutely ridiculous. So naturally I called and was transferred a bunch of times only to get no where. I have a feeling we are just out $400.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

your problem the box and label were for return of the new phone had you decided not to keep it and would go to the at&t new phone return center.

the bubble envelope which will most likely show up shortly with a return label for trade in phones to a third party recycle center, they are on total opposite sides of the US. you need to call the trade in center and let them know you sent the phone in the box. they are looking for your phone in the trade in center and no one is looking for it in the new phone return warehouse.

https://tradein.att.com/contact-us

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

When I received my new phone, I used the label that came with it to return my trade-in.  I even recycled the box and used it.  The label said to just place it in my mailbox.  Now AT&T say they can't track it.  Now what?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.