For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
A

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, August 19th, 2020 6:49 PM

How to send trade-in phone back to AT&T

I received my new phone (online order, never visited a stored) and now need to send back the old one to get trade-in credit.

Can I just use the prepaid return label that came with the new phone to send back the old one? This label seems to be for returning the new phone not for sending in the trade-in...

Or will I also receive an additional return box, prepaid label to send back the trade in?

Silly question I know and it should be obvious but I haven't been able to find meaningful information on the subject.

Thanks!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I did take a screen shot of the labels sent to me by ATT so I have identification numbers. So if ATT could give assistance it would be appreciated. 
the phones were sent to a LaVergne Tenn address, the address on the shipping labels. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I chatted with customer service and they gave me this link to "request shipping materials" for the trade in: https://tradein.att.com/contact-us

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am just curious if anyone got any answers with this? I thought I was to return it with the box the new phone came in and was wondering cause of the 14 days and it was passed that and never got any trade in information so just sent it back with the return label from the regular box.  Just wondering what I should expect or if anyone else did anything like that?

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

@khine I did the same thing. There was nothing else in the box to indicate that another shipping envelope would be sent. I followed the instructions on the “Your AT&T Next Trade-In” flyer. It clearly states, 

• Places your trade-in and signed agreement in the box and seal.

• Affix the prepaid label over the original label. (Do not use this label to return a new phone).

• Make note of the tracking # (found on the return label) so you can track your package after shipping. 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I requested the trade-in shipping materials 3 or 4 times now and still haven't received them. I only have a few more days to return the trade-in.  I also tried calling the support number, but it hangs up on me when I wait to speak with a representative.  This is horrible customer service especially when you spend so much money on monthly bills and new equipment.

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I have now wasted an Average of 3 Hrs Per Day for the Past 11 Days Trying to Get Help from Customer Service about My Trade in Materials that i have Yet to Receive and My 30 days is about to Hit in 3-4 Days , This is Unbelievable... it seems EVERYTIME i Buy a New iPhone Online from A T T something Goes Wrong :(

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Please take a picture of everything you are sending, labels, phones and imei numbers! I sent my trade ins 5 months ago and now I’m told they lost my phones! Beware and be vary careful! I have called hours on end representative after representative and still my issue hasn’t been resolved! Be very careful! 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issues. I've now had to request my trade in kit 3 times and have been waiting for over 40 days with no luck. If the $800 trade-in promotion is lost due to this issue ATT will be losing a customer for TV/Internet and phone. I've spent 3+ hours on the phone/hold with all different departments for this issue with no resolution to this point.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I need the kit ASAP!!!!

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I requested the shipping materials yet again and even though I got an email response for the previous 3 or 4 requests that the materials were coming (which obviously never arrived), this time I didn't receive any type of response.  It's completely useless trying to contact them by phone as well. I'll definitely be switching to a new cellular service when it's time for another new phone (or sooner). Seriously irritated AT&T customer!

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.