For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
ecusal25's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, February 23rd, 2009 1:23 AM

Closed

Wi-Fi Connection Question

We just got the LG Incite and want to connect wi-fi to our home network.  How do I know for sure that the phone is connecting wi-fi to my network and not the pay-as-you-data thing?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@ecusal25 wrote:
      We just got the LG Incite and want to connect wi-fi to our home network.  How do I know for sure that the phone is connecting wi-fi to my network and not the pay-as-you-data thing?

As long as you see icon #1 and not #2 then you are fine.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

15 years ago

I would also like to know, and if you get a incite should you download the patch to fix the text messaging or wait to see if it doesn't work?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@HunBun wrote:
      I would also like to know, and if you get a incite should you download the patch to fix the text messaging or wait to see if it doesn't work?

It would be best to wait and see if the patch is required first.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

15 years ago

Great, thanks for the help! Smiley Wink

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks for the assistance regarding the wi-fi connection icon.  We have been enjoying this phone for the last three days without any problems.  It connects wi-fi to our home network flawlessly.  Yesterday we were out of town and found a hot spot and again we connected with no problems. As far as a "patch" someone mentioned, I wasn't aware that there is one, or that there will be one available in the future.  I did hear, however, that these phones had issues in the past and that LG had asked retail stores to send them back to them.  It's been reported that the new ones out have been all fixed (must have a blue dot sticker on the factory box label). The two issues were the inability (or errors) to send text messages and the lack of response of the touchscreen.  Our screen is very responsive to the touch and we have been sending and receiving almost 200 text messages without a single problem (have the text message plan).  To sweeten the deal, we just got the phone last Sunday and yesterday, when we were out of town, we visited another store (same chain), but we noticed that our same phone, the Incite, was on sale.  I still had the purchase receipt in my wallet, so they refunded me the difference plus tax.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@ecusal25 wrote:

To sweeten the deal, we just got the phone last Sunday and yesterday, when we were out of town, we visited another store (same chain), but we noticed that our same phone, the Incite, was on sale.  I still had the purchase receipt in my wallet, so they refunded me the difference plus tax.

That is great to hear, that is always good when something like that happens.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.