For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
CameoKeith's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 20th, 2016 2:18 AM

When will the "NO SIGNAL" issue be fixed, with the Blackberry Priv (Marshmallow update) & AT&T???

Is the "NO SIGNAL" issue with the Blackberry Priv (after the Marshmallow update) something that is just an Blackberry issue, which just Blackberry attempting to fix, or is AT&T working with Blackberry in the process? Contacted Blackberry troubleshooting, and they don't have a clue as to when the issue will be resolved, even though it's a "high priority" issue. The "NO Signal" issue is just happening between the Priv and AT&T. If I were to switch to another carrier (to the "other" guys, not to mention any names here) the phone would work fine (so I've been told) even with the Marshmallow update. Like I said, it's just an Blackberry/AT&T issue. So, again, I'm asking, is AT&T working with Blackberry on this issue? And, does AT&T have an estimate as to when the issue will be fixed (I ask, because Blackberry doesn't seem to have a clue as to how long before the issue is resolved)???

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

8 years ago

Check the Knowledge Base at BlackBerry.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/articleDetail?articleNumber=000038530&language=English

There was an update today (Nov 7) and a fix posted with it under "Workaround".

"Install the BlackBerry "No Service" Prevention Tool."

Good luck.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Have you tried reloading the os with the autoloader(it will wipe the phone)?  I have a friend with a priv and they dont have this problem...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I did wipe the phone clean, but then I also downloaded from a saved file all of the apps, etc I had on the phone before, which included the update which I was trying to get rid of. So, the wiping clean process was pointless, because I didn’t think of that before hand. I suppose that in order to do it right, I would need to wipe the phone clean again and not download my saved files, and just start all over again, including repurchasing all of the apps that I paid for once already. But, rather than repurchase apps I’m hoping that a “fix” to the problem will come out sooner than later…

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

It's Android you don't pay twice for apps. Once you buy them they stay with your account.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

NOBODY seems to have a clue! Along with the no service issue I have bluetooth radio issues. Blackberry says they will "try" to fix the problems.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@kingrob2 wrote:
NOBODY seems to have a clue! Along with the no service issue I have bluetooth radio issues. Blackberry says they will "try" to fix the problems.

@kingrob2

there is a reason BB is not designing or making there own phones anymore.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

A tech guy at att told me "they" put some incorrect frequencies in the latest operating system build/update and nobody seems to know when they will get the code rewritten! He suggested buying $50 go-phone if my blackberry stops working entirely. And check often through WiFi for updates! We've been screwed by Google (again)! It's not a hardware issue, it's a second party software issue that can't be reversed!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Lol does not work like that.  The radio stack is different for each phone.  The OEM codes them.  Not a google problem.    I'm a Android dev.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Lol does not work like that.  The radio stack is different for each phone.  The OEM codes them.  Not a google problem.    I'm a Android dev.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

He said the OS acts like a driver. Why else can I go from 5 bars to NO SERVICE without moving an inch? Are the cells dropping off line and back on? Once in a while a reboot helps for a while.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.