For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
christoph9297's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, January 29th, 2009 9:35 PM

Closed

Video on w350

i know you cant take video on the w350 but i was wondering if you could put video on there like youtube vids or home movies and if you can wat format do they have to be?

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

Hopefully one of the other users who has the at&t branded W350 can say for certain and give you some assistance if it will play videos. 🙂

In the meantime, have you already tried the 3gp video file format?  I believe that is what the W580i requires, although I've never watched any video on mine.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

I don't believe so. 😞  The specifications page at at&t support for the W350 shows it has no video player and no video formats are supported.

W350 Features & Specs

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

15 years ago

i think it might support video b/c there's a demo video on there along with a video folder, why have a video folder if it cant support video. but idk for sure  

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

The answers are not correct....I have same phone and YES YOU CAN have your own video on your phone !...you can upload a video via your computer, make sure you have the SE media manager [download url is in your user manual ]  installed on your computer and just follow the direction on the manager to upload your video....you should also have a memory chip installed on your phone cause videos take a lot of memory, you can have up to 4 gb of memory chip.  hth

Sherry

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

@Sherry B wrote:

The answers are not correct....I have same phone and YES YOU CAN have your own video on your phone !...you can upload a video via your computer, make sure you have the SE media manager [download url is in your user manual ]  installed on your computer and just follow the direction on the manager to upload your video....you should also have a memory chip installed on your phone cause videos take a lot of memory, you can have up to 4 gb of memory chip.  hth

Sherry

Is your's an at&t branded W350?  If so, it's good to know the specs for it at the at&t website are incorrect - many times at&t's firmware removes features that *are* available in an unbranded/generic model.  😞

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

YES, mine is SE w350.

that is why I replied to your question.

hth

Sherry

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

15 years ago

Is it at&t branded (i.e. you purchased it directly from at&t or through a third party for an at&t subsidized equipment discount)?  Or did you buy it on an unlocked/unbranded basis - typically directly from SonyEricsson or possibly Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, etc.?  Does it have the at&t logo on the face of the phone?  Does it have at&t's startup and shutdown graphics, or are they SE's?

I'm just curious as to whether there is an error in the specifications on at&t's website - wouldn't be the first time. 😉  But as said, at&t does typically remove some of the features that are available on a non-branded, same model device.  For example, RSS feeds are available on the W580i with generic (i.e. SE) firmware, but at&t removed the feature from the W580i that contains their version of the firmware.

Message Edited by hme83 on 02-11-2009 11:48:20 AM

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

Hi again, I got my W350 from ATT wireless website as an update.  You can transfer videos to the phone BUT they have to be in the right format. I just tried to transfer .mpv format videos from my computer to phone and it will not play them....so need more expert advise than mine now.  Me too.

The media program from Sony Ericson is the transport program for pics, music and video but it is telling me my videos are not in a compatible format, so now I do not know what to do either.  Maybe someone will read this thread and help both of us.

Sherry

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

15 years ago

i went to the se website and chatted w/ a sony member and they told me that they have to be in MP4 format. you can download a converter on downloads.com which is what i did, but i dont have the phone yet so i could be wrong but thats what they told me. on the sony psp it has to be mp4 so its prollly the same with a sony phone.... just my guess

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

HI

Well I figured that out last night, that it had to be mp4 format...so I downloaded a converter that converted my  small video to an mp4 format, yet in the sony media program that I used to upload my music, it says it will not accept the format for uploading to the phone....so I am going to try uploading it to the phone via Internet Explorer and see if it will play on my phone....will let you know.  Sherry

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.