For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
aznetcowboy's profile

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

Saturday, February 25th, 2012 4:50 AM

Pantech Breeze III and PC Suite

I just received my Breeze III today and have been able to get most things up and running okay using the SIM from my Breeze II which expired due to getting wet (long story here). In the manual it recommended using PC Suite. I downloaded it from the Pantech site and installed it. It will not communicate with the phone. I tried to uninstall and reinstall PC Suite, but no luck.

I am using the USB cable that came with the phone. I have seen some references in other conversations that the cable should had a blue arrow and others say yellow arrow on the cable. Mine has neither, actually no arrow at all. I am running PC Suite on my Toshiba Satellite L675D laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operator system.

Oh yes, there was some reference to using MS Outlook which I use. It is Outlook 2010. Anyone have any suggestions???

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

12 years ago

I have an answer here. I got a reply from Pantech that states briefly:

"Unfortunately the reason why this is not working is because this software is not fully supported on the ‘Windows 7 OS’ which also goes for ‘64-Bit OS’. This is the reason why you are having this issue with your PC Suite software recognizing your phone on your PC."

That got me to thinking. I then right-clicked on the PC Suite icon on the desktop and selected "Properties".

In that dialog box I clicked on the tab "Compatibility".

From there I selected "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and selected Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

Make sure the checkbox for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" is checked. I also checked the "Run as Administrator" box after which I clicked on "Apply" and "OK". 

Now PC Suite runs just fine for me. I hope this works for everyone else as well as it works for me!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

If you have the Pantech Breeze III you may have experienced difficulty in getting a computer with Windows 7 Premium or Ultimate, maybe even the Home variation to recognize your phone this will hopefully help. 

The problem is not with your phone, your phones OS, or the USB cable as you may find suggested in various forums on the Web.   The issue appears to be more than one variation of Pantech's PC Suite being available from their Website.  After downlaoding PC Suite via the support section and it not working, with respect to a computer seeing the phone, and after a conference call involving AT&T and Pantech support yielding nothing of value it was discovered that there was another Pantech Webpage with a PC Suite download.  After removing the first installation and installing the newly downloaded PC Suite everything worked just fine.  So if you are having problems with communications between your computer and cell phone you should download from this location http://pantechusa.com/phones/breeze_iii and install.

Most of all good luck and success.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've checked the two download links, the one the web site device selection leads me to and the one you suggest, and they both refer to the same download location.  Perhaps Pantech has corrected the "two versions" problem.

However, I am still unable to get the pc to recognize the phone.  Any more recent suggestions?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The Joke is on both ATT and Pantec - we have 7 management  in house phones with ATT and they tell us it's Panatec's problem......Pantech tells us they only supply ATT though the  SELL the Phones...

Bottom line my Business also has about 16-18 field cell phones with  ATT.........since they care less that I can't do a simple download from My PHONE, and the time my Tech has spent yaking with both of them - - -  and since I'm the BOSS, I directed our Gen Mgr to END  all our service with ATT >>> ASAP........

I'm totally fed up with them (for  more than this issue) and their "CAN"T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT".......we won't break them of course but LOSING 20 -24 Cell accounts is their loss NOT MINE........and  a lot of monthly fees........including all our Land Line service......haha to ATT

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Re: Pantech P(2030) Breeze III and PC Suite free download.

Once, a long time ago, I was able to download the Windows PC Suite from:  https://www.pantechusa.com. Nowadays, I can not find a place to download this Suite. Purpose: to transfer / copy phone contacts to my PC or import them to Excel 2013 w10 64bit. I successfully Paired both phone with computer, in the phone Bluetooth section, clicked Send File, but no files were sent because Empty. No money to buy a new phone, any suggestions?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.