For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
VuThis's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 11th, 2009 1:35 PM

Closed

LG Vu USB reader vs data cable

I'm a new LG Vu owner and I am wondering:

1. If there's any advantage/disadvantage to utilizing a data cable or usb card reader.

2. The phone advertises 2X zoom but it seems that only the video recorder has zoom T/F?

Message Edited by VuThis on 05-11-2009 06:41:15 AM

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

@VuThis wrote:

I'm a new LG Vu owner and I am wondering:

1. If there's any advantage/disadvantage to utilizing a data cable or usb card reader.
  2. The phone advertises 2X zoom but it seems that only the video recorder has zoom T/F?

1. It would be a matter of ease of use as to which one to use.
  2. Try lowering the camera resolution, most phones wont zoom when maxed out for resolution.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

15 years ago

I lowered this resolution down one notch off of max and guess what I have zoom capability on the camera. Thank you. Your answer to the first part was rather vague, pretty much leading me to believe that in your opinion it would be a matter of preference with no real advantage of ease or speed with either method?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

15 years ago

VuThis wrote: 
     I lowered this resolution down one notch off of max and guess what I have zoom capability on the camera. Thank you. Your answer to the first part was rather vague, pretty much leading me to believe that in your opinion it would be a matter of preference with no real advantage of ease or speed with either method?

You are welcome and yes that is correct.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

15 years ago

I would get a data cable anyway so you can mod your phone.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

Jusr remember, if you mod your phone, you also VOID the warranty.

Former Moderator

• 

879 Messages

15 years ago

bigsoos wrote:
I would get a data cable anyway so you can mod your phone.

Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on these Forums, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. Take caution before downloading software to or for your handset, as it could potentially damage your device or void your warranty

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.