Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
emariegreen's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 9:23 AM

jitterbug

Can I use ATT with a Jitterbug phone?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey there! @emariegreen  thanks for posting your questions.

Unfortunately Jitterbug phones will not work on the AT&T network.  We do offer feature phones similar to some of the Jitterbug models that may meet your needs. Those can be found at http://www.att.com/shop/wireless.html

Thank you

Charise

Teacher

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

AT&T really should consider carrying the Jitterbug or something similiar - especially considering the aging population. Not everyone wants (or can use) an iPhone or an Android. The basic phones offered by AT&T leave a lot to be desired...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

My father insists on sticking with a flip phone and after his 7 year old phone died, replaced it with a z222 he bought on eBay. He wears a hearing aide, and is 82.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi,

I cannot understand why AT&T cannot insert their program into my Jitterbug phone...they are supposed to be so clever.

I have a Jitterbug phone and nothing else I have seen comes close to that ease of use for us older people.  I love this phone but can't use it having my AT&T service. I do not need or want a smart phone (it's too smart for me). 

I wonder if enough customers complained to AT&T if it would do any good.

Andie Ross

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

The Jitterbug has programming designed for use with Great Call and may be locked to that network.  

In order to work on ATT, it must be unlocked, GSM compatible and have a sim slot.

The ZTE z222 or 221 are both simple flip phones and can be purchased for about $20 on Amazon or eBay. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

You provided a link to the main page. Which of those phones on there is like the jitterbug touch? I'd rather not have to switch networks?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

8 years ago

@sigouinca. You are reading an old reply.   Those are the basic phones currently on the ATT site, but not what you want.

Please shop Amazon for a ZTE z222 or z221. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I wish AT&T had a one touch like a jitterbug phone for seniors. In this day and age seniors are forgotten about. I would think companies like AT&T would have had a handle on that.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I searched the phones on ATT site3 ( whom I have been with for 14 years-not being swayed to switch)  There is no large button senior friendly phone.  I pay for my grandmothers line now and she has had a phone from ATT, a pantech that was similiar with slightly bigger buttons than the recommended ZTE z222 or z221 and it has been difficult for her to use.   Guess it may be time to switch my 6 lines over to a carrier that will accomodate???  I would think there has to be a workaround for unlocking the jitterbug phone?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Bought the Z222 Go Phone for my mom who is 84. She cannot use it. The screen is too little for her to see and she finds the operation of it confusing at best. I understand that the Jitterbug cannot be used on AT&T as it is CDMA technology which does not use a SIM card, but AT&T should have a better non-smart phone for seniors!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.