For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
fairchdm's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 11th, 2014 2:39 AM

HTC Windows 8X Phone PM23300: Error Cannot find server or DNS error

I got a replacement phone yesterday for one that was damaged. 

I had to go through a thrid party as my "insurance plan" wanted to give me an IPhone or Samsung S3 as a replacement. 

I got the phone, swapped SIM cards, did a reboot and went through the setup.

When I try to access the internet from cellular service I get the error message:  Error Cannot find server or DNS error.

I've checked all the settings and swapped SIM card back to the old phone and everything works.

I've rebooted and "Hard Rebooted" about a dozen times each.

Gone through about every option and website looking for answers.

The AT&T troubleshooting didn't take me to any new settings / changes I haven't already tried (2-3X).

One thing I did notice from one of my apps is that is doesn't show the cellular data option illuminated.  I've checked and double checked these options and compared the two, but the new phone isn't accessing the cellular network.

Any ideas?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, fairchdm!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your new device is having connectivity issues. It sounds like you've already done some basic troubleshooting, so go ahead and click here to send us a private message so we can investigate further.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.