For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
BxEE2000's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 2nd, 2015 4:30 AM

Device Unlock Request Error (ULP2003)

I have a BlackBerry Z10 that was previously on an AT&T account (a friend's account) up until November, when said friend needed the line for someone else.  I pulled the SIM card and that was that.  Recently, I figured I'll unlock the phone.  Every time I enter the IMEI in the Device Unlock Portal I get "Error: We found no record of the IMEI Number you entered. Check your device's 15-digit IMEI Number by dialing *#06# (errorCode.ULP2003)"  The number is totally correct every time.  I put it aside for a while until this weekend.  I tried again and got the same error.  I called Customer Service who basically said that the request had to go through the website.  I figured I'll try the store the next day.  Wen I get to the store, the person says that they can't do unlocks in store and that I have to call Customer Service or go through the website.  She aid that they would let me call CS from the store.  Once I started talking to the rep and said that I wanted my device unlocked and told him the back story, he asked for the IMEI and after a bit said that the device could be unlocked, but it had to be done through the website.  I told him that I had been trying but getting an error message.  He tried doing the same thing on the website and got the same error message.  He then said that he would contact the IT Department about the error and that he would give me a call back within an hour.  I never got the call back (this store trip and CS call took place on Sunday afternoon before 1:30 PM).  I've been still trying the website and the error still pops up.  All I want to do is unlock the device.

ACE - Guru

• 

1.2K Messages

9 years ago

Not that this will help any, but I have read on some other forums about issues unlocking the Z10 through AT&T.  It apparently has to do with if the phone being sold refurbished - or "certified like-new" as AT&T calls them now. 

It seems that AT&T hadn't recorded the IMEIs of some, or a lot, of the phones properly while being refurbished.

Even the paid unlocking services had problems verifying the IMEIs, so that didn't help either.

I haven't tired unlocking my Z10 yet (still under contract so AT&T wouldn't do it anyway), but since mine is a refurb too, I now have doubts that it could ever be done.

My old Torch 9800 was a refurb, but I got it unlocked with no problems.

BTW, unless you have the original package from AT&T for the phone which will have "Refurbished" on the labels, there's no way to tell if the phone was refurbished or not just by looking at it or checking the software.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

Are you unlocking with the phones original SIM card?

If locked to AT&T you could still use on AT&T .

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @BxEE2000

I’d be happy to help with your device unlock! Please send me a Private Message with the following information and we’ll get this resolved for you!

• Cell and/or account number
  • Full name
  • Email address
  • Device IMEI
  • Date purchased

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Hello,

I have the same problem.
I sent pm to the community support but did not get any answer.

Any other way to contact you?

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I did get an email and a request was submitted.  I got a reply saying that the request couldn't be completed because the contract wasn't completed.  I just talked to my friend who I got the phone with and she says that the contract was completed and the account is in good standing, not to mention the customer service person I spoke on the phone when I went to the store Super Bowl Sunday said that the phone could be unlocked.

Please assist.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

The original owner can provide proof the contract was fullfilled, then they can unlock.

In cases where they can't find proof a contract was paid off, they can refuse to unlock.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

The account holder just sent me a screenshot showing that the contract for the number that was on the Z10 before is over.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

But why the IMEI cannot be recognised?

I bought two SAMSUNG S5 Active, made only for AT&T, and they cannot be recognised at the unlock web page.

I sent several messages to ATTMoblityCare but no response at all.

Is that normal?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.